Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My SOLIDTEKNICS Wrought Iron pan has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SOLIDTEKNICS Wrought Iron pan has arrived!

Today was the day that my first production run, Solidteknics Wrought Iron Pan arrived! This is a gorgeous piece of cookware that I have been waiting for. This pan is not cast iron, but wrought iron. It is softer and more malleable than cast iron. It actually gets stronger as time goes on and the metal is somewhat flexible which means very little risk of warping or cracking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2776.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	585902
    For starters, this pan has a gorgeous handle. Nice and light, with open areas to allow heat to dissipate. Making the handle cool and easy to use while cooking. One unique thing I really love about the handle is the USA Shape that is stamped out of the end of the handle. (They do this with their Australian-made pans as well.) The handle narrows at the middle and gets wider towards your hand, making the handle sleek and ergonomic to hold on too. It also saves on weight.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2775.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	585906Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2777.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	585903Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2779.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	585904
    The pan itself is smooth and polished. I bought mine unseasoned so I can work my own magic on this sucka! The stamp on the back of the pan lets me know that I got a 1st edition pan, which is an awesome edition to the collection. Overall, I am very impressed with the craftsmanship of the pan and I can't wait to get cooking!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2778.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	585905

Very nice!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Knew you would like this one Ed!!

Nice pan. Like to see it when you have finished seasoning it, with maybe a short account of how you seasoned it.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do!

Very nice lookin'.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron!

Since it's wrought rather than cast, I'm surprised they made the pan itself so uniform. I can see the hammering somewhat in the handle but not in the rounded pan. They must have one hell of a stamp to make that puppy.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Made in Chicago, the stamp is a BEAST you can see it on their kickstarter

Off the charts cool! I’m afraid to ask the ticket on it.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheap! (Well relatively) I think I paid $80 for it.

W0W. That’s gorgeous. Great score John. 👊👊👊

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Steve!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	JFcLAJ6.png
Views:	428
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	585963

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It just jumped out at me when I saw your sweet new pan.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW, good luck not thinking of me now everytime you use your pan.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahahaha Attjack

Beee-oooo-tif-uuuulll!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike!

Sweet!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

I can see the kid in the candy store smile on your face! Congrats!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Very true Ted! Thanks!

Very cool!

Comment

@spinaker..help the un-informed (that would be me!), please tell my why this instead of CI?
      The OmegaDog

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaDog12 View Post
        @spinaker..help the un-informed (that would be me!), please tell my why this instead of CI?
        The OmegaDog
        The pan is lighter than cast iron pans. However, this pan is made from 3mm wrought iron, which means you can still throw it over a fire. The added thickness also means that is will not warp like carbon steel pans tend to do, over an open fire. You could cast a CI pan this thin but it would be very brittle, and would probably crack under fairly normal use. The old pans were thin, yes, but the bases where still fairly thick. (the base on this pan is 1/8" thick.) It will also not crack from thermal shock.

Really, this pan preforms and acts like cast iron, and that is why I love it. The main reason for this pan is because I love American made cookware. Solidteknics is actually an Australian company, but these particular pans are made in Chicago, IL (Home of the baby back rib) with great care and they are beautiful.

Comment

B E A U T Y F U L will I turn black with age

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't wait!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here