Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My SOLIDTEKNICS Wrought Iron pan has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite th kewl piece, Brother!!!!
    Cain't wait to see how it seasons up, an performs...

Comment

Wow. I was just getting a CI collection started and now you add this to my wish list. Enjoy that pan.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep it going man. Mine is just getting bigger.

That thing is sweet. Just got done checking out their website. I’ll definitely be adding a piece or nine to my collection!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! That is what I like to hear!

That looks awesome. I had my eye on another cast iron pan to add to my collection but this one might have jumped to the head of the queue.

Comment

Nice pan I may have to get me one!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Hey Spinaker do you know anything about their stainless models. Quite expensive but that may be the ultimate pan

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really, nothing more than what I have read online. They are gorgeous though.

I’ve got their small carbon wok. Pleasure to use due to the handle, but at 11” a little too small for serious size meals.

Comment

I am happy for you, and at the same time sad that I don't have one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	F820825FBD23A73AA1EE50B9B76D8B_h316_w628_m5_cfLqWkWpn.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	586471

Comment

Nice! I have to be very selective on my MCS disease

Comment

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I thought golf was expensive... ha

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              Too much of everything, apparently, is just enough...

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              You would appreciate this pan.

Well.....I have one round of Flax Seasoning done.

I heated the pan over the stove, then wiped with Flax until it smoked. Then I applied another layer and did the same. After the second layer, I threw it in a 450 F convection oven, for about 2 hours.

It is already starting to take on some gorgeous color. I have yet to cook anything yet, I might wait for a few more rounds of sesoinng.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2781.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	586500Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2782.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	586499

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha, that you need to get one. JGo37

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats Purty

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautious

That's a beautiful pan, I'll have to add a few to my wish list.

Comment

beautimus spin!! lets see a steak or something good seared on that bad boy!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                That might have to happen tonight.

I was holding out for stargazers large pan, but maybe not now...

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I am waiting on that one too. That is going to be sweet. I can't wait to see what they come up with for the handle. The handle on the 10" is my favorite in the cast iron world.

I'm really curious to see how it cooks. It's slick enough looking so I don't think sticking will be a problem. Although its 3mm I'm still a bit skeptical as to the heat dispersion. Let us know after you run it through its paces, I'm thinking this is a great alternative to the heavy old cast iron favorite.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea cast iron is tried and true with generations of backing. It's obvious drawback is weight. If some form of carbon steel has similar cooking dynamics then I would love to have one in my arsenal. Pro chefs sure seem to like them.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                That is a lot like what this pan is about. It is kinda the happy medium between cast iron and carbon steel. Troutman I really think this pan would be the ticket for you!

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Now I'm beginning to wonder what the real difference is with carbon steel and wrought iron in terms of their cooking dynamics. I know the material differences, wrought is actually less likely to rust. Other than that I wonder why they chose that particular metal, is it closer to cast iron in its performance?

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
              I'm really curious to see how it cooks. It's slick enough looking so I don't think sticking will be a problem. Although its 3mm I'm still a bit skeptical as to the heat dispersion. Let us know after you run it through its paces, I'm thinking this is a great alternative to the heavy old cast iron favorite.
              I think it is going to cook like a dream. In my experience, heat dispersion is not usually the issue. It is more about heat retention when a think piece of meat or a load of food is added to the pan. Solidteknics says that this pan, at 3mm, is still beefy enough to retain plenty of heat. Even for huge steaks........I am not sure about that one, but we shall see.

I think this pan could be a great alternative for those that are looking for cast iron performance without the weight.

I will be sure to post some picks of my first cook, as well as thoughts when compared to a cast iron pan.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here