Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to staple bacon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to staple bacon...

A couple of years ago I was gifted some Omaha steaks from a friend. I had no meat thermometer at the time and sadly I over-grilled them. But the real gift was seeing the stainless steel cooking "staples" that were used to attached the bacon to the filets. Does anyone know where I can buy some of these? I plan to wash and reuse them again and again. The broken toothpicks I've been using are going to get me sued! Thanks fellow members!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

You might want to look at Grill Pinz. I don't have them (yet). Here's a thread I found. And welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Personally, I'd be inclined to buy some inexpensive short metal skewers (like THESE from WebRestaurantStore.com) and shorten them if need be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	117132.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	580291
            Last edited by MBMorgan; October 17, 2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Still lOVE my Grill Pinz!

Comment

Might try something like this :

Comment

Staples, toothpicks, skewers... nails?
                    C'mon guys, it's the 21st century.

Moo Glue that bacon to that steak. No chance of a splinter, a forgotten staple, and no unsightly holes through your tender steak...

As they used to say, Better Living Through Chemicals.

Comment

• texastweeter
                      texastweeter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      have seen them use this to cut out the fat core in a ribeye primal, then glue back together and steak out into delmonico steaks. Tried one and could not taste a difference due to the glue. It is based on the amino acit glutamine if I am not mistaken.

Interesting reading all of this. I guess I've never thought, while eating bacon or prepping a meal with bacon- "You know what I need, staples or glue for this bacon."... Learn something new every day despite my best efforts to the contrary.

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The like is for the new photo!

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great Avatar, Brother...
                      Noticed it last night, but was purty busy hereabouts!

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks guys tbob4 & @Mr. Bones

I will say, after doing some filets on the Grilla, as as either No-flip burgers or reverse searing, wife and I agreed that the bacon wrapped ones were not as good as the unwrapped one. Less surface for browning, as the bacon shields the meat from ever browning on the sides, and less smoke flavor, except in the bacon. The Grilla makes great bacon, regardless, and it is also better without being wrapped around the steak and skewed in place.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that bacon wrapped steaks are a crime, but...to each his/her own.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                        Potkettleblack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I dunno about a crime, but a thing that takes two great things and produces a result that is less than the sum of the parts... absolutely.

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree with both of you Potkettleblack. Never been much of a fan of bacon wrapped anything, makes my food taste like breakfast.

• Potkettleblack
                        Potkettleblack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like a bacon side. I like a burger with bacon as a topping. Hell, I live in Chicago, we practically invented the bacon, egg, and cheese burger. That's breakfast and lunch in one sandwich.

Is this a discussion about "staples" or welcoming ya in? Well, welcome, staples, skewers, toothpicks & all. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                        I'm of the opinion that bacon wrapped steaks are a crime, but...to each his/her own.
                        A bacon wrapped reverse seared tenderloin fillet will change your mind.

Comment

• Willy
                          Willy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Been there, done that, didn't. ;«)

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here