Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gloves do you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdF
    replied
    These guys work really well. There are a lot of other brands that match the same specs, and which I'm sure do just as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    The blue Nitrile gloves for food prep and handling then what ever I have handy otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• adamjs83
    replied
    For handeling food I highly recommend disposable nitrile gloves. If the food is hot just put a pair of woven cotton work gloves under them.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I most often am wearin th gloves on th left, sometimes add th everyday leather gloves RH over them, or solo...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5534.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	551466
    PLEASE NOTE: I can pick up things that are way too hot for most folks; I have often hauled ~180°+ steam table pans th length of th kitchen I was employed in, an warned th line servers to use their towels, tongs, etc...
    Git a few steps back towards my cookers, an hear "SSSSSSZZZZZZZZZ AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"
    They seen me barehanded, tried it. DON'T DO DAT!!!! Burns are th worst!!!!

I recently bought these gloves, to up my game beyond th thermal protection th above gloves/combo are capable of providin, haven't tried em out yet. Will let yall know what I think.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5535.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	551467

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyGator
    replied
    I have silicone mitts for food, or things that are wet. For things made of metal I use leather welding gloves. Wearing nomex gloves under the welding gloves increases the time you can safely handle things that are really hot.

You can also let things like water / drip pans cool before removing them.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	94451922-3BE5-4775-904D-BC0E9A6AAE17.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	551463Click image for larger version  Name:	E4E6EBD4-3125-45A6-9C92-2A314D59F7FF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	551462 I use the black pair for meat, don’t know brand, Raichlen recommended offf of Amazon. For handling stuff I use the G&F’s that recommended here. Had each for two years, no problems, work just dandy.
    Last edited by FireMan; August 19, 2018, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Irishfuente
    started a topic What gloves do you use

What gloves do you use

I grill and smoke and need gloves to grab the meat and more importantly pull my pan out of the smoker and not blister my finger tips. What do you use?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here