Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gloves do you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frigate
    replied
    Be careful using welder's gloves for things other than welding. I have used welder's gloves for years to handle fish next to the boat when offshore fishing. It is a give and take to get the a few hundred pound fish in a position for whatever you are going to do with it (take or release). A lot of times I see people who offshore fish as a hobby, when they put on welder's gloves their testosterone or estrogen levels go sky high. It is no longer give and take but take. If the hook pulls they are on the presssre end with a large hook coming at them (for people who fish freshwater a very huge hook).

BBQ for me is a hobby as it is for most of us here. As Mr. Bones said above, "Burns are the worst!!!" On August 15, 1982 I was blown on a boat. Second and third degree burns over 35% of my body. HE IS NOT KIDDING!!!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Just got some G&F's, they are great. I have some silicon ones similar to FireMan's that I use for handling food

• Sfdrew28
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve had the G&Fs for a year and I love them.

• Attjack
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KHAIrLy.png
Views:	383
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	551891

Leave a comment:

• ColonialDawg
    replied
    These:

Covered with these:

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Yabbut, you're HouseHomey - that's like being a superhero!

Hope you have a very cold Dos Equis around!

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I don't always grab super hot stuff but when I do, I don't wear any gloves.

Leave a comment:

• OSB
    commented on 's reply
    Best gloves around. Not stiff at all. I've been using them for years.

• OSB
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on the Venom Steel.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yuuuuuup, These are what I use, Thanks to you!

These are the best ever.

• BGWolf
    replied
    I went to my local Fire Department Store and bought a pair of firefighting gloves on sale for less than $50. Much more heat resistant than welding gloves.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    But the blue ones are free at my work..👍👍

• lonnie mac
    replied
    In general, I use up to three different pair. For general VERY hot stuff, like taking off a hot grate or flipping an errant coal back to where it belongs I just use some HD Lincoln welding gloves. Moving hot pans and such, my ole trusty "Ove-Gloves" work perfect. For meat, I use my Venom Steel gloves over a pair of hand savers. https://h2qshop.com/collections/bbq-...rs-glove-liner

They work dang dang good.

As far as Venom Steel, they are the best! I even did a very in-depth review some years ago.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    PS. The black ones I think are Rapicca.

Leave a comment:

• adamjs83
    commented on 's reply
    You look like more of a badass in the black ones. 😎

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here