Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pizza stone gift delima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pizza stone gift delima

So I went to order a pizza steel (just getting into homemade pizza) and my wonderful wife told me not to because she has one coming as a surprise for me, the only thing is its not a steel, she got me a pampered chef crockrock stone, bless her sweet heart. Does anyone know about this product, would it be good for woodfired pizza??? I hate to ask her about returning it, she was so excited to get me it... just wondering how it compares to a steel or stone, its made of clay and looks really handy for a large griddle... any info appreciated

The steel is probably better for a griddle.....but then again why not just use the griddle?

Stones are the funk on rye for ovens. Or oven like devices. Like my kamado. Or a gas grill. Or a wood fired oven. You are going to love it.

Comment

I'd say "Bless yer Sweet Lovin Heart", an give that rascal some workouts.

If yer new to outdoor pizza, it'll take some learnin curve time, but until ya know it's th stone's fault, I'd forge ahead, an enjoy great pizza!

This will keep ya both occupied, an happy, fer quite some time, to come, then ya can decide on th next step forward.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 11, 2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I've been cooking in both the oven and on the BGE using a stone for years. It'll get the job done. But you do need to learn the tricks for getting the top and bottom cooking in synch.

Concur. Give the stone a try. Keep your sweetheart happy and get some good food.

Comment

My wife had that pizza stone! She loved it with all her heart, I dropped it

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Oops! Guess you had to replace it with a steel, eh? ;-)

• Mudbeaver
          Mudbeaver commented
          Editing a comment
          No, her dad gave her a stone, but it "still not her pampered chef stone"

I have one of the very first styles they made and it works like a champ!!

Comment

Dont worry she did good

Comment

A pizza stone (not metal) is the best thing since sliced...pizza

Seriously, you're gonna love it. The deal with ceramic pizza stones is that they're made from a porous material, which means the bottom/underside of your pizza will get done about the same time as the topside, instead of having a blackened/burnt surface. Basically they insulate the pizza from the furious heat coming from underneath. The pizza should be cooked mainly with heat transferred via hot air.

I don't know about a pizza steel, and would steer clear of it, for above mentioned reasons. Metal is way too good at heat conductor for me to trust it with baking the perfect pizza pie. Your wife done good, trust her, and start cranking out some serious pies with that ceramic stone! Just avoid the griddle, and fire up that grill instead.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're on FB, join the Artisan Pizza group. Plenty of good tips there.

Another great source (perhaps better) is pizzamaking.com
              Last edited by EdF; July 12, 2018, 12:13 PM.

When you are struggling to find a place to store your new pizza stone, don't forget the obvious. Put the lowest rack in your oven all the way down and leave your stone on that rack. 24/7 365. No better place to store it, catches drips and helps stabilize and regulate the heat in you over. Big win for everybody!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife did used to complain that it slowed down the oven heat-up though.

I had the original pampered chef pizza stone. Worked great until one day it cracked. Looks like PC has updated this pizza stone to 750 degrees which is way more highly rated the the original one I had. I think you’ll love it! Looks sturdy! I loved mine until it cracked.

Pre Heat soak that bad boy for a better crust!

Comment

My wife had a PC Pizza Stone several years ago. I broke it when I tried using it on the grill. It sounds like they have have improved them to 750* so you should be ok. I bought a thicker one from the Ceramic Grill store and I like it a lot. Truly I believe you will be fine with your wife's gift. She is very thoughtful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here