Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pots and Pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pots and Pans

The Hambone Kitchen Remodel is about 95% complete and one of the things we promised was to upgrade to professional and durable cookware to accent all of the work we've put into it. We would love to hear from all of you about some of the choices you've made and your recommendations. I have a nice collection of CI and a few useful SS pieces, but would like to have one matching set of pots and pans that I won't have to worry about going to purgatory if I use a metal spatula. Thank you in advance.

Depending on how much of an issue proce is, I recommend All-Clad. It's The Bomb!

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 - All Clad and CI for the win !!

Mike, I’ve got the AllClad D5 series plus a set of stainless steel with copper cores by Kirkland (Costco) plus some Le Creuset stuff. My absolute favorite piece of cookware is the AllClad D5 frying pans, if you buy the set you get two pans in 9 and 11 inch sizes. The 9” is perfect for cooking bacon and eggs in the morning!

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the link

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      We too have 3 LaCreuset dutchies, best of the best

I'll toss another vote for All Clad. We have a set.

Comment

By the way, for the price the Kirkland stainless steel with copper core is unbeatable. The AllClad D5 stuff is probably 20% better, but twice the price

Comment

I posted this a week or two ago. Dang have not even started my remodel, but the cabinets are finally built and will be here next week! So this gives me time to do other rooms. But I couldn't wait! Got a full 14 pc D5 All Clad set. Man they are so sweet to use. We had promised ourselves the same exact thing. But we already got the new gas stove last week and the dang thing works so good it was melting the handles off our old Farberwear Stainless set. So we had to get it early.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1691.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	502741

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Are yours copper core? If so, does that make that much of a difference?

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine are not. I have the D5 series. I'll bet it does make a small difference but I wouldn't notice I am sure.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Lonnie.

Hand forged carbon steel pans and ironware objects for the home. Items include fry pans, French skillets, and gratin pans, as well as pot racks made to order and occasional handcrafted objects such as spoons, ladles, and copper salt bowls.

Comment

Check out the Le Creuset factory outlet if you have one nearby. Prices are much less than at regular stores to begin with and, in addition to the already discounted prices, they are having an additional 40% off all SS.
          I was there last weekend with my daughter who was returning something and had no intention of buying overpriced French pots but, the enameled cast iron was so much lighter than what i already had (Tamontina) that I bought a 7 and 5 quart. Last weekend the cast iron was an additional 15% off. I made Marcella Hazan's bolognese https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/m...sauce-50063585
          I had it on simmer and was amazed that the small bubbles were evenly distributed over the entire bottom. When doing that in any of my other pots, the bubbles would come up only under the burner. So, long way to say, I am a convert.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man, I make her Bolognese several times a year, sooooo gooood!

• Omega-Man
            Omega-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Her Bolognese is 6+ hours but worth it!

If price is no object, then All-Clad is definitely (and literally) the gold standard. A decade or two ago, we decided to upgrade to premium cookware and because price WAS an object at the time, we went with Calphalon as a more affordable alternative. Never regretted it even once ...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here