Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cedar Wraps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar Wraps?

Anyone use Cedar Grilling Wraps?

Cedar Wrapped Grilled Shrimp

Last edited by smokinsteve; May 20, 2018, 12:53 PM.

Guess no one uses or has used Cedar Wraps. Found both Cedar and Alder at Fresh Market, so I'm gonna give it a try. Doing some shrimp.

Comment

I use them only on the occasion I need extra fiber.

Comment

I had some. Think I just cooked on them like regular cedar planks. They my be in the closet.?. Let us know how it works out.

Comment

Yea like HawkerXP just said, they are the shrimp version of cedar planks for salmon and other fish filets. They make them into a wrap to hold the shrimp in place versus fumbling with them on a plank.

I've actually gotten away from cedar planks. They make alder, cherry and apple versions which make more sense to me then having your fish end up smelling like your grandma's closet. Regardless they do impart a nice flavor, try using them some time.

Comment

A friend got me some as a thank you for hosting her. I’m not sure where they are. Pretty sure I don’t have a use m, but maybe I’ll venture into scallops again.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              SV scallops - perfection in the making!

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              I boned a pound of em. Should have done some extra work on the front side to fix the wet processing they’d experienced. Most disgusting purge I’ve ever seen... butter and chemical solution.

Very interesting. Here are some in cherry and alder as well.

Comment

Interesting idea. A bit too fussy for me. I would just put shrimp in a grill basket.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

These turned out good. A little more spice would be beneficial. It was easy to do and just right while I'm batching it this week. The presentation would be nice for guests.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here