Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broke down and bought an Instapot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got one to use in the RV, liked it so much, we bought another for the home. Now have bought 2 of the four kids one for Christmas! Love it.

Comment

You are going to love that thing.

Comment

I have a 6 and 3 quart! Nice tool -- your wife will love it.

Comment

I love mine for all the reasons mentioned, especially rice and frozen chicken. It makes one heck of a broth or soup. I still have not been brave enough to make chicken feet soup, but one of these days...

Comment

I guess I'm the odd one - I bought a big Instant Pot a year ago after hearing so much about it. I've used it maybe 5 or 6 times. Maybe it's just not a fit for the kind of stuff I cook. Or maybe I need to learn how to use it better.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but that's what I'ma do...

What model does everyone have, and what model would you recommend and why?

Comment

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                It's still in the box.

• snowswamp
                snowswamp commented
                Editing a comment
                I have the 8 qt for a family of 4. I was considering the 6, but you have to consider you can’t fill it to the brim. You need room for the pressure to build so you won’t ever use the full capacity. The 8 heats up pretty fast and I’ve done a couple soft boiled eggs in a flash up to a frozen roast to fork tender or a frozen whole chicken in 60 minutes.

Hide any CI pans light enough for her to swing easily.

Comment

Buck Flicks I really like the Instant Pot Duo 60 , which is the 6 quart model. It's a great size for a family of 4 or so. Most of the Instant Pot recipes are written for the 6 quart size, but don't let that keep you from getting the 8 quart size Instant Pot Duo 80 if you need more cooking room and have the extra $40 in your pocket.

Why Instant Pot? Because it has so much written and You Tubed about it--more, I think, than any other brand, just from my own personal observations. It's stable, a real workhorse, and turns out great food.

Why electric as opposed to stovetop? Because it requires zero babysitting. You can get the table set and any sides ready and not have to stand right by the cooktop keeping an eye on it all the time.

My husband likes it because there's only one pot to clean at the end of the meal--and it goes straight into the dishwasher.

Kathryn

Comment

Sir Mosca: You will love it; one of the most useful kitchen tools ever. A shout-out here to fzxdoc for her kind recommendation on buying ours; her advice has helped us enjoy the IP's benefits: great food (homemade chicken soup is awesome and stays hot all day) and we have saved lots of time. What great people at AR and fzxdoc is a one of the best of all; hope you enjoy that IP, sir.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you, John Henry . I'm happy to have been of some help to you.

Kathryn

Mosca youhttps://vimeo.com/265481319 are lucky.

Sophia only wants Real Estate.

Comment

Added the Instant Pot Duo 60 to my Amazon wish list along with a Breville immersion blender. Wife says no new kitchen appliances until we clean all the old stuff out of the cupboards in prep for the upcoming kitchen remodel! She's always cramping my style!!

Comment

• smokenoob
                      smokenoob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Amazon has a wish list? don't tell me that! slippery slope.......

Thanks for posting this Mosca. I’m a hack at my kettles but even more lost in the kitchen. SWMBO said 2 days ago she wanted to replace our slow cooker. So after reading this and following a couple links provided, I tossed the instapot idea her way. Not only does she want one (to replace our slow cooker, pressure cooker AND rice cooker), she said it can be my anniversary present to her. 😲 I have no idea how I just got that lucky, but I’m running with it!!

Comment

Definitely on my wish list as well. Darn list keeps getting longer.

Comment

I’ve found Paint the Kitchen Red a worthy place to start, with good instructional setup videos for each type of Instant Pot, and some good recipes. The author has an engaging and friendly manner, and the recipes are spicy, and I like spicy.

Comment

Mosca , I hadn't seen that site before. Thanks for the link!

I'm trying the Red Beans and Rice recipe tonight to see how it compares to the one I made up for the Instant Pot a couple of years back.

Kathryn

Comment

• Mosca
                            Mosca commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I want to try the vindaloo. I have to wait for my daughter to visit, because Mrs doesn't like spicy, but Miss does.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here