Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite non specialty home knifes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite non specialty home knifes

adamjs83 these are the three "Go To" knifes I use at home. The two on top are the "Four Star" from the mid nineties. The top one I use often for trimming. It's not as flexible as a boner but works very well. My wife uses the center one more often as my had now fits it weird. I love these 3 for every day. Especially the top and botttom one. They will last a lifetime be it with beat up handles..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8504.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	377304

Name:	IMG_8502.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	377303

HouseHomey what are those Peppers in the picture?

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know. My wife grows them. They are not hot... just a twang but they LOADED with flavor. Gonna pick some Serrano in a few. Making a salsa. I'll see if there's a name. Cocktail first, then pool, then peppers, then meatball making. See my post on needing help with meatball. I'll check back with you.

Name:	IMG_0567.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	377396
    I went in a different direction. I posted these nice cheap steak knives from COSTCO. Everyone wants to use my house for birthdays and retirement parties because of the BBQ's and the seating. Inevitably, silverware goes missing - too many beers makes folks think that metal goes with the other disposables. So to appease the wife, we created the nice cheap fork, knife and spoon set. These things work well and are probably about 50 cents apiece, if that.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Ttbob, those are the same knifes I picked up for the steak cook off judging. Got them from KaTom for 3 dollars a dozen and was amazed at how nice they are!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      How funny would that be if that was not the reflection of the person taking the picture..... what??? Or if there was a scary clown reflection instead??

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey - no, no, no. That's my signature knife collection. I tried to sell the concept but they said I should have found a better looking model. I need to learn marketing.

Pirate Scott I asked my wife and she said they are Banana peppers. Full disclosure she also got all of he id tags for tomatoes and chilis.... in fact all of tags mixed up except the pumpkin and zukes. They are not real long like banana peppers I know but they sure are tasty.

Comment

Thanks @HouseHomey
      The reason I ask Is have Some that look like that, they are Rellano Italian Sweet according to where I bought the plants. They also claim they will turn Red and mine are not and they have been growing a long time. Anyway just curious thanks, I guess it's time to try them.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	7AACE749-A1B5-4689-81D2-B7B5053836CF.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.98 MB ID:	377772
      Click image for larger version  Name:	4F783E0B-2CE4-42A6-8967-863F2BE17CE4.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	377773
      Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look dark. Ours were really light.. did you try it? No heat like mine?!

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        The bottom one is turning red. I would be harvest one now. Because they are listed as a sweet variety you may find that its flavor is better in the green form. My Jalapeños get milder as they turn color.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here