Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce Pans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauce Pans?

Not really BBQ related, but I am looking for recommendations for sauce pans. I'd prefer dishwasher safe. My research has indicated that if I get stainless or aluminum, it should probably be at least 3-ply. Oven safe is nice, but not a must-have. Ideally I am looking for 3 or 4 progressively larger pans, like 1.5 qt, 2.25, 3.25, etc. Anybody have a set they love?

Th' earlier (60's) Revere Ware...
    Some inherited, rest from ePay, CL, or yard/garage sales...

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that was you cutting in front of me at the yard sale and taking the cast iron.

Volrath and update should last a long time. All Clad too. I have old and older "Emeril" SS cookware that I ASOLUTLEY love at home. Back in the day it was make by All Clad. I'm not sure if it still is.

Comment

Originally posted by JCGrill View Post
      Anybody have a set they love?
      Over the past 10 years or so I have purchased several pieces of Fissler Original Profi high-end cookware, made in Germany. I have used a lot of different pans (Mauviel, Cuisinart, Le Creuset, All Clad, Circulon, Calphalon etc.) but Fissler is by far the best stainless steel I've handled. Tremendous build quality, thick base, super-even heat transmission, food doesn't stick unless you do something really stupid, and it's easy to clean (no rivets inside, unlike most competitors - I'm looking at you, All Clad).

They're expensive and not well-known in the States, so there is a tendency for people to say "You could buy an All Clad for that price!", but I think they are better made, and if you look at the reviews on Amazon.com you'll see how much people who have used them, like them. You can use them on or in any kind of cooker, because the only material used is stainless steel, which means you don't have to worry about plastic handles melting and so on. Nor will they crack if you drop them, which is a risk with some cast iron. They are incredibly durable, and all my pans are as functional as the day I bought them. They will almost certainly outlast me.

Disclaimer: Even though I think they are the best, I'm just an amateur cook, not a professional, and the pros may have different opinions. Also, once you get to a certain point, it's very much about how well you can use it rather than how good the pan is.

Dan

Comment

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds interesting. Never heard of them, but I will look into it.

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome thanks for the tip

We have a set of Demeyere Apollo pans. When we bought them (10+ years ago), they were nicely priced and good value. They behave well and will work with an induction range. https://www.demeyere-online.com/us/en/home.html

These pans will be handed down through the generations. Pretty much indestructible. When we bought them, they were significantly less expensive than All-Clad.

If you go for these, be sure to shop around the internet for best pricing.
      Last edited by EdF; September 9, 2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I have All Clad pans I in hearted from my mom after she passed. I love them. I use them for my sauces. Especially the red sauces as the acid can attack the seasoning on my cast iron pieces.

I used it the other night to make the Huli-Huli sauce.

Comment

I do use Revere. LOVE them. They just look so cool! I got All-Clad. Can't say anything bad there. If you're looking for new. Bang for the buck: Cuisinart IMHO.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 9, 2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

If you're a Costco customer, you might check what they've got. I have some "Kirkland" pans from some years ago that are very nice. Cuisinart seems like good value among national brands. I am more inclined to throw money at frying pans than sauce pans.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here