Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-stick cake pan in the Weber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-stick cake pan in the Weber?

We have a real nice set of non-stick cake pans. I'm going to make deep dish pizza in the Weber tomorrow and wonder how smoke will affect the pan. I'm thinking it might be smart to go by Wal-Mart and pick up a cheap pan just for this.

Opinions?

Seems if they work in the oven, they'd work on the grill. But, I think you'd need a deflector to keep direct flame off the pan.

Comment

I'm not a homemade pizza maker yet.... but what temp will you be cooking at? Some Non stick pans are usually not recommended for extreme heat...

Comment

if you add smoke I wouldn't. You will end up with this...
        Attached Files

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I thought. It looks like a trip to Wally World...

Walmart. Whether or not they work I can tell you with stories attached to lumps on my head what happens when I take my wife's kitchen stuff to the BBQ.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          agreed... the black iron didn't hurt as bad as the rolling pin... of course I went unconscious....

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen, listen to this man...
          Or, enjoy yer lumps...

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter and Mr. Bones. No joke - I ruined the base on one of her pots making a sauce and promised to never use her stuff again. Two months later I needed a small pot and melted the weld on the handle. I got #2 fixed but nothing I could do about #1. I can be dumber than a brick, sometimes.

You have probably seen some of my pics. I bought one of these a few years ago. It has worked perfectly on the grill, or oven. Does not seem to matter. I keep it oiled like a well seasoned cast iron skillet.

Craft your pizza creations or invent new flavor combinations and cook them perfectly using this Chicago Metallic 91120 BAKALON pizza pan. With its deep edges, you can produce crispy-crusted, thick pizza slices that your patrons will love, no matter what the topping. Made of 14 gauge aluminum, this pan is sturdy and reliable and will retain its shape even after repeated use. The embossed feet make the pan stable wherever you set it. Also, the pans are nestable for space-saving storage. Made in the USA with global materials, each BAKALON deep dish pizza pan is a high-strength aluminum pan, made with a durable, hard-coat anodized surface that will not chip, peel, rust or interact with food. Tough enough to resist the use and abuse of commercial kitchens, this pan will help you achieve a perfect bake every time because its dark surface color absorbs radiant heat - allowing faster baking times at lower temperatures. After seasoning, a small amount of oil on the surface of this pan will keep food from sticking and make cleanup easy. Dimensions Top Diameter: 12" Bottom Diameter: 11 3/8" Depth: 1 1/2"

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          must be buying that top grade stuff from bed bath and beyone... I mean a man has needs, right????

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that pan, but this recipe makes two 9" pies, so the cake pan is the right size.

Adapt brother! From what I understand, Chicago Metallic supplies half the pizza pans in Chicago. They got 10" too!

Make doughy, thick-crusted pizzas with this Chicago Metallic 91105 BAKALON deep dish pizza pan. Crafted from 14 gauge aluminum, this pan offers superior durability. It is designed to resist corrosion and is an excellent conductor of heat. This pan is even nestable for easy storing and has embossed feet for added stability. Made in the USA with global materials, each pan comes complete with AMERICOAT® ePlus. This glaze is the industry's leading silicone coating technology and is used on all Chicago Metallic glazed pans. Using breakthrough silicone resins to achieve unparalleled results, AMERICOAT® ePlus is specifically formulated for bakeware applications and is suitable for contact with food. The glaze features longer-lasting performance, having up to a 30% longer release life than competing glazes. It also reduces the need for oil usage up to 50%, is PFOA free, and helps reduce staining. You will spend less time cleaning and more time cooking, cutting down on both labor and overall costs!Every BAKALON pan is constructed of high-strength aluminum, made with a durable, hard-coat anodized surface that will not chip, peel rust or interact with food. Tough enough to resist the use and abuse of commercial kitchens, this pan will help you achieve a perfect bake every time because its dark surface color absorbs radiant heat - allowing faster baking times at lower temperatures. After seasoning, a small amount of oil on the surface of this pan will keep food from sticking and make cleanup easy. Overall Dimensions: Top Diameter: 10 1/4" Bottom Diameter: 9 5/8" Depth: 1 1/2"

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          But...

$13.49/Each

You must buy a minimum of 12 at a time due to manufacturer packaging.

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Wrong link. That was just to show the Chicago Metallic pan I use. They sell them everywhere. Dang good pan too.

I like Detroit style deep dish even better than Chicago. You can buy the square pans reminiscent of the old nut an bolt pans from the auto industry(my first love) online at many retailers. The caramelized cheese at the crust and lower sauce to cheese ratio does it for me at least!

Comment

Teflon is not meant for high heat. Go get you a cheap pizza pan or lodge 12 inch cast iron skillet

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            you cant go wrong with black iron!!!

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't trust anyone without a cast iron skillet in their kitchen.

I use cast iron and SS on the grill. Not an issue.

Comment

Yeah ... no non-stick on the grill. Go grab a nice inexpensive cast iron skillet and enjoy ...

Comment

Yeah I also recommend a cast iron skillet

Comment

really depends on how much your wife like her pan...........good luck!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here