Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your Favorite Cookware Manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto on the LeCruset and the outlet. We got our pieces at the one downtown Charleston and it still wasn't cheap. Stuff is heavy as a mofo though.

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    I like it to, but I am partial to exposed hammers. I'd be interested to see how that accessory is used when grilling / smoking - unless you have a range by your pit.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Ha ha. Well I'm talking nonstick, I've never seen one that pricey and I wouldn't buy it anyway since none will last long enough to make it worth it. For stainless, if I had the cash for expensive cookery I'm still not convinced I'd do it. I did buy a Tfal pro stainless/copper skillet that was maybe $50-60 or so. We love it. That was the priciest skillet I've ever purchased.

And yes Barry, who doesn't love something new here & there! Nothing nicer than eggs on a brand new nonstick!

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Tell him Huskee that it would take all the fun out of getting a new one every so often.

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    Why not buy a $100 skillet and forget about replacing it?

• Ernest
    replied
    Le Creuset and Lodge bare cast iron. I won't touch the coated non stick stuff with a 100 yard pole.

This thread just made me realize that I have way too many Lodge cast iron skillets. 1 10" griddle,
    2 12", 1 10", 1 9", 1 8", 2 6", 1 deep chicken fryer, 1 grill pan......and they all get used pretty extensively.

If you really want Le Creuset you really need to visit their outlet stores. Those things are worth every penny.

Last edited by Ernest; November 25, 2014, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    BC, I like your G-19 accessory!!

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    replied
    I got rid of our non-stick stuff a year ago and have two Lodge cast iron skillets that have served me well. Like you, I cook on stainless (or cast iron).

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    All I can say is ...

Real Men Cook! Awesome set! Don't forget the army of Cast Iron to go along with your SS.

Best,

--Ed

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozric View Post
    I own a bunch of Demeyere Industry5 from Sur La Table. I preferred them to the All-Clad for several reasons.

First, no rivets. The handles are welded on and are strong enough to support a full-grown man's weight.

Second, the bottoms stay flat when heated.

Third, I really like the way the layered materials go all the way up to the rim (there's no big temp delta going up the sides).

Fourth, the handles really do stay cool. That big "fork" works. And they're comfortable to handle when heavy.

Excepting when I use my Lodge CI "chicken fryer" (which I have yet to use for frying chicken), Demeyere serves me wonderfully.

Oh, I have some cheap Cuisinart SS that I use on my grills outdoors.
    I really like the Demeyere frying pans for that same reason, no rivets. I had yet to find anyone who had the I5 until you made your posts. I have been looking at them hard.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    HC, I really listen to Mark, we have been together here and on another site since July and I have come to respect his input. I am going to replace the four pans that are pitted first and then reevaluate and see what else I want.

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    That's quite the kit there Barry. At least yours all match. Mine is embarrassingly eclectic, therefore mine do not hang out on hooks, although my wife would love that.
    Matching isn't always the best and it is looking like I am going to mix and match the replacements to an extent. I will address that more when i answer another post. And as far a being embarrassed you shouldn't be. I think individuality is great and I have the utmost respect for those that are their own person and I wish I could afford everything I want but, alas, I don't have a large disposable income.

Leave a comment:

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty is = Pretty does. We started off trying to make everything match, but somethings just work better than others. Pan frying we like one kind, sauces another, stews another and fried chicken a fourth different brand. We would have all LeCruset, but the stuff is just too stinking heavy.

We looked at the Allclad when replacing our old and worn out classic Revere Ware, but it was too pricy and the Emeril with the copper slab heats up quicker IMO.

Now that I think about it we also have a great T-fal wok.

No set is going to be bulletproof and suit all your needs; why I agree with mgaretz to just buy a piece at a time, unless of course, they are giving away sets on a fire sale.

• Ozric
    replied
    I own a bunch of Demeyere Industry5 from Sur La Table. I preferred them to the All-Clad for several reasons.

First, no rivets. The handles are welded on and are strong enough to support a full-grown man's weight.

Second, the bottoms stay flat when heated.

Third, I really like the way the layered materials go all the way up to the rim (there's no big temp delta going up the sides).

Fourth, the handles really do stay cool. That big "fork" works. And they're comfortable to handle when heavy.

Excepting when I use my Lodge CI "chicken fryer" (which I have yet to use for frying chicken), Demeyere serves me wonderfully.

Oh, I have some cheap Cuisinart SS that I use on my grills outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    That's quite the kit there Barry. At least yours all match. Mine is embarrassingly eclectic, therefore mine do not hang out on hooks, although my wife would love that.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here