Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wok Shop not responding to emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    I'm all for supporting small businesses...your patience is to be commended. Mine would have run out.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    The wok burner manufacturer I ordered from was also recommended by Kenji so they are also slammed. But on their website they are upfront about the long lead time that should be expected. However, they also beat their estimate and delivered much sooner. The Wok Shop should definitely be much more upfront about how long it may take.

• Andrrr
    commented on 's reply
    You have more patience than I do, I would have cancelled a long time ago. I’m sure it’s the one you really want but still, that stuff drives me crazy.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, their woks would have to be significantly better than anything else on the market for me to put up with that……..and I doubt they are.

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Similar experience. I mean, you’d like to support their business but, damn, get yer schiz together.

• Attjack
    replied
    We are still waiting after talking to them on the phone 3 weeks ago when the said it would arrive in a week. We talked to them again and they said they don't know what happened but since it's been over 3 months they needed the credit card info again. They are saying once again it'll be here in a week.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    We are still waiting and so started calling this morning. My wife is on Spring break so she had the time to call them 12 times between then and now. When she finally got a hold of them they were nice and apologetic. They explained how the NYT and Wirecutter articles have left them slammed. But they said they can ship our order in a few days and it'll take a few more to get here so I may be ready to wok in about a week!
    Last edited by Attjack; March 28, 2023, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Old Glory we are talking about the helper handle. It is not removable. The main handle removes the way you say.

• smokenoob
    replied
    if a wok could tok, what wood it say?
    “I wood not get the wood”?

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    I think you can unscrew the loop at the end of the handle to remove it.

• Attjack
    replied
    I'm still waiting for the wok but no longer worried about it. I'm also pretty sure my wife ordered the wok burner so I'm hoping to be cooking some time this spring. Hopefully, the wok gets here soon and I'll get it seasoned and start using it inside.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a nice wok!

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    My non-stick wok that I don’t use any longer, but my wife does….i took the wooden helper handle off for this exact reason. Wanted to wok on the gril. So, off with it!

• RichieB
    replied
    this what I am looking at, flat bottom 14".

​​ ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Huskee and RickyBobby and others - The reason you want the metal helper handle is that the wooden helper handle is not removable. It will burn on the grill or if you season the wok in the oven. The main handle is wood, but unscrews. Ask FireMan for pictures of his wok with a missing (burned off) helper handle… when the wood goes you have two little metal nubs sticking out.

I bet you can change up the order if it hasn’t shipped yet.

I have the 14” flat bottom with metal helper handle, from the Wok Shop. Got it in early winter 2021 and mostly use if I want a stir fry and don’t feel like going out to the flat top.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here