Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wok has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wok has arrived!

Perfect timing. I just finished brunch. Click image for larger version

Name:	4EA5D1A0-E6A4-4DDA-A81A-7A990CE44A8D.jpeg
Views:	339
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	1186637 Click image for larger version

Name:	279415E7-A441-4A28-95CE-E6DD12AFCD0F.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	1186638

Oh, I am very much looking forward to seeing the results of you working through this book!

Comment

This is what I cooked, somethin fast. Baby broccoli, onions, ginger, garlic & bok choy. Ha, and eggs & a hot dog. Go figger.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by FireMan; March 8, 2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you trying to start another thread on a hotdog?

(In "Animal Mother's" voice from Full Metal Jacket) Well, Fireman, you talk the talk, but can you wok the wok? Oh, and you can hold the peanuts if you don't mind.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Seven-six-two millimeter, full metal jacket 👊

I see ya had to heat The Wok up before ya opened it! Noice!

Comment

Nice. My copy should be here tomorrow.

Comment

you wokin' the wok.

Comment

Kind of exited but maybe not. I miss real science writing on serious eats, which now has more advertising and influencing staff than cooks.
            I guess now that he has left "serious ads" I gotta read the book.

Comment

Wok this way, Talk this way, wok this way…

Just give me a kiss ❤️😜 Like this !!!

Comment

Once you get the hang of woking, you'll be running in no time.

Comment

The General Tso's chicken was my first cook from this book. My 10 year old saw that recipe and wanted to try it so we cooked it together:

Click image for larger version

Name:	gsc-plate.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1187037

Comment

JoeSousa , So cool! Would have loved to see yer 10yr old workin the wok. 👍 🕶
                    Last edited by FireMan; March 9, 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                      JoeSousa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FireMan He was a bit nervous putting the chicken into the hot oil but after he got the hang of it he loved it. And he loved going to the Asian grocery store and getting all the ingredients.

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow! The total experience, he will love cookin!

So - I need a wok cook book, and had been looking at the two by Grace Young ("Breath of a Wok" and "Stir Frying to the Sky's Edge"). I had not seen this one, and wonder how this new one compares. If I just want to buy one wok cook book, is Kenji's new book the one to get?

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grace’s books get into the compassion of the cooking.
                      Kenji’s is more to the science end of things. Although he is warming up.

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FireMan thanks! If I can only get one right now, which should I start with?

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Go big, Kenji’s!

Pre-ordered it a while back. My copy is somewhere in the mail, they tell me. Can't wait!

Comment

First you wok before you can run! Looking forward to seeing your cooks and learning your thoughts on the book!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here