Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smithey Carbon Steel Wok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smithey Carbon Steel Wok

Some may know I have a Smithey Farmhouse Carbon Steel skillet that I absolutely love. My wonderful wife got it for me for me a few years back for my birthday. It’s a work of art that cooks great. I occasionally peak in at Smithey’s site to see what they have, mainly to see what new additions they may have to their Farmhouse collection.

I just happened to look again, as I received an email from them and came across this carbon steel wok. It’s quite the looker, but lucky for me, I have a great hammered carbon steel wok already and, at that price tag, ouch! But, this is just as nice as the farmhouse skillet and looks to be well made.

Thought I’d share for those of you into perusing this kind of stuff

Hand-forged by artisan blacksmiths, the Smithey carbon steel wok is a lightweight stovetop stunner and is ready to move in your kitchen.

Very nice, but at 10 X more than what I paid for my current wok, I'll pass.

Comment

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, my wok works very well and is paid for!

Well sure, it seems expensive. But you can get free shipping on your first order.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment

I love these Smithey does it right!

Comment

I have a blue carbon steel wok, 14 in., from Made in and it only set me back a hundred bucks. But I guess it wasn't "artisanal" and made at an old Navy base. That's gotta' be worth the extra $250.

Comment

• eby
        eby commented
        Editing a comment
        Their current wok I think is 12" but I have it and love it. Currently on black Friday sale for $74. Was hoping to pick up their paella pan on sale but they are out of stock.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        @ebay - My mind is fuzzy, I changed to second shift at work and have been working 12 on 12 off to boot.

My wok is indeed 12 inches. It took some patience to get it seasoned properly but now that it's done, it's slicker than a politician trying to get elected.

I'll take the carbon set for $1,000 please

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here