Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Place pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Place pans

Has anyone any experience with these pans? I dropped my staub dutch oven breaking one of the handles and chipping the enamel. I have a cast iron dutch oven, but I sure like the idea of the lightweight "perfect" pan.

All Products – Our Place - US (fromourplace.com)

This may be behind a pay wall, but Wirecutter (owned by the NYT) does NOT recommend them.
    Our Place Always Pan Review 2021 | Reviews by Wirecutter (nytimes.com)

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, even Wirecutter wants $40 a year now.

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! This is a valuable review. I think I've beat the urge to buy. Just need to find a lid for my Lodge...

If you are looking to replace the enameled dutch oven at a reasonable price, rather than a Le Creuset price, check out the Kirkland line at Costco.

Comment

I always find the Wirecutter reviews to be accurate so you may want to look at the Lodge enameled Dutch oven.
      The Best Dutch Oven for 2021 | Reviews by Wirecutter (nytimes.com)

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        CandySueQ I have had a Lodge for about 5 years and have no complaints

CandySueQ - I really like my Misen 7 quart dutch oven, bought on their Kickstarter this past year. The kickstarter price was certainly less than the going price over in the Misen online store, but it seems great, coming from just a Lodge 5 quart DO that is not coated.

That said, couldn't a good quality stainless steel pot with metal loop handles serve to fill your DO needs, without being cast iron or porcelain? I am thinking something like this:

I've bought several of the Tramontina Brazil made pots to replace our old ones from a set we got when we were married 31+ years ago, and like them a lot - they were a good recommended option over in ATK at one point before my membership expired over there. Unlike the old pots, these with the metal handles can go in the oven, and being stainless, clean up pretty darned easily. And its way easier to handle than the CI dutch oven for Yvonne.

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        That may just be what I get! I like SS and the lighter weight is a big deal for me. Thanks!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        CandySueQ cool beans! Glad to be of help. For some reason on Amazon the 5 quart version is called a "dutch oven" while the 6 quart version is called a "sauce pot". And the same thing in 8 quart is called a stock pot. From what I can tell, all 3 pots are 9.75" in diameter (round), less the handles, and are just different heights. We have just the 2 quart and 3 quart sauce pans, but I've really liked them the past year, and still have the dutch oven in my Amazon wish list for a future purchase.
        Last edited by jfmorris; October 26, 2021, 12:29 PM.

My 6 quart enameled Lodge Dutch oven arrives tomorrow. Also, my set (their big set) of Misen 5 ply stainless pans should arrive as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here