Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Cook On WOLL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnPaul
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with you. I've had incredible good luck with my target Greenpans not sticking or chipping etc. The first 2 I got are 2-3 years old now. Actually bought a 10 piece set about 8 mos ago. Use a couple of them almost daily and they're just as slippery as day one.

• FireMan
    replied
    Back in 2018 at the EAA of all places, I bought a 10” skillet for my wife. She was no longer able to handle our CI. It was a ceramic by BergHOFF’s EUROCAST Professional series. She loved it. Got to cookin with it exclusively & you could even put it in the oven. Lasted just fine. I only use it now for my Pepin Omelet.
    It is a tad pricey but worth it. Just checked, a 10” is on sale for 99.99 at Amazon. A 12” is 179.99.
    Last edited by FireMan; August 23, 2021, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I'm liking mine thus far. Hopefully it will hold up as advertised. Only time will tell.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I just got my 12.5" Woll skillet. The information sheet that comes with says we can use metal, wood, silicone, etc. utensils with it. Yay.

K.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I cooked on my new 12.5" Woll skillet last night. It's really nice. I set the Cuisinart 12" skillet that it replaced out in the trash pickup this morning. That thing never stayed flat against the burner once it heated up.

The Woll stays nice and flat. However, as with many skillets, when using few TBL oil to pan fry, it puddles around the edges of the pan instead of keeping a uniform depth throughout. Still, it was fun making chicken marsala with it last night.

Thanks, Troutman for the tip.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I think we had one from Walmart, may have been Greenspan, and one of those Copper ones (can’t recall the name). Were great for maybe a year then all kind of issues with sticking, especially eggs. I’ll never buy one again, lots of bad online comments as well.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I’m aware it’s Teflon but without the PFOE component. Plus I’m hoping the diamond infused makes it more durable. Time will tell.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    THX, Troutman. I just ordered one. 12.5 inch. $149 Amazon.

It'll replace an 11 inch cheapie skillet that bows when it heats. Hate that thing.

K.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; August 15, 2021, 01:32 PM.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Bottom is very flat and stable. Mines a 12”. The only complaint I would have so far are the sides are a bit low.

• glitchy
    replied
    Curious, what brand of ceramic did you try? We’ve had a couple Greenpan ceramics from Target that have been used for a few years now. I just bought replacement Greenpans that are multi-ply bottoms and diamond infused ceramic to work on induction. Both the old and new seem to heat evenly. I wouldn’t have replaced them had we not gotten a new induction range.

That being said going to bookmark this to consider if we need to replace the Greenpans down the road. Looks like nice stuff.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    The Woll info on Amazon warns against metal utensils, so you're fine with wood/plastic, I guess. Can't find the recommendation on the Woll website, but then I didn't look that hard.

• mgaretz
    replied
    Don't want to burst your bubble, but these types of finishes are still primarily Teflon/PTFE. The diamonds are there to make it more durable, but it is still PTFE.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Does the bottom of the pan stay flat against the burner at high heat?

What size pan did you get?

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; August 15, 2021, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    $150

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    What was the price of yours?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here