Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Cook On WOLL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Cook On WOLL?

Been looking for a really good, long lasting non-stick pan for quite some time. I really don't want to go back to Teflon and the new fangled ceramic pans are garbage. We went through 2 of those and I'll never buy one again, they're a rip-off.

So I'm watching one of those YouTube chefs do some cooking a few weeks ago and he's giving a shout out to WOLL pan. He claims to have used them for years in his commercial kitchen and they are bullet proof. So I checked into them, they are German made cast aluminum with some sort of triple layer diamond encrusted finish.

I checked them out, had good ratings but were a bit pricey. Not to be deterred I ordered one and have been cooking with it for a month or so. Absolutely love it, very even heating across the pan. Only time will tell if it holds up and remains non-stick, but so far so good. Thought I'd pass along what appears to be a good product, albeit a bit expensive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	woll 12 in 01.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1077697

Click image for larger version

Name:	woll 12 in 02.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1077696

An interestin pan, Brother... I appreciate yer sharin this info, an yer experiences, thus far...

I'm curious as to what type(s) utensils are ya usin, vis a vis wear to / longevity of said WOLL...

I'd havedta guess, (wildly): wood / plastic / nylon kinda stuff, suitable fer any 'NonStick' pan ???

Comment

They do warn against the use of metal utensils. The YouTube chef claims to use them but I already have wood/plastic ones so I’ll remain cautious.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        $150

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        The Woll info on Amazon warns against metal utensils, so you're fine with wood/plastic, I guess. Can't find the recommendation on the Woll website, but then I didn't look that hard.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got my 12.5" Woll skillet. The information sheet that comes with says we can use metal, wood, silicone, etc. utensils with it. Yay.

K.

Does the bottom of the pan stay flat against the burner at high heat?

What size pan did you get?

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; August 15, 2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Bottom is very flat and stable. Mines a 12”. The only complaint I would have so far are the sides are a bit low.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        THX, Troutman. I just ordered one. 12.5 inch. $149 Amazon.

It'll replace an 11 inch cheapie skillet that bows when it heats. Hate that thing.

K.
        Last edited by fzxdoc; August 15, 2021, 01:32 PM.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but these types of finishes are still primarily Teflon/PTFE. The diamonds are there to make it more durable, but it is still PTFE.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m aware it’s Teflon but without the PFOE component. Plus I’m hoping the diamond infused makes it more durable. Time will tell.

Curious, what brand of ceramic did you try? We’ve had a couple Greenpan ceramics from Target that have been used for a few years now. I just bought replacement Greenpans that are multi-ply bottoms and diamond infused ceramic to work on induction. Both the old and new seem to heat evenly. I wouldn’t have replaced them had we not gotten a new induction range.

That being said going to bookmark this to consider if we need to replace the Greenpans down the road. Looks like nice stuff.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we had one from Walmart, may have been Greenspan, and one of those Copper ones (can’t recall the name). Were great for maybe a year then all kind of issues with sticking, especially eggs. I’ll never buy one again, lots of bad online comments as well.

• JohnPaul
        JohnPaul commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you. I've had incredible good luck with my target Greenpans not sticking or chipping etc. The first 2 I got are 2-3 years old now. Actually bought a 10 piece set about 8 mos ago. Use a couple of them almost daily and they're just as slippery as day one.

I cooked on my new 12.5" Woll skillet last night. It's really nice. I set the Cuisinart 12" skillet that it replaced out in the trash pickup this morning. That thing never stayed flat against the burner once it heated up.

The Woll stays nice and flat. However, as with many skillets, when using few TBL oil to pan fry, it puddles around the edges of the pan instead of keeping a uniform depth throughout. Still, it was fun making chicken marsala with it last night.

Thanks, Troutman for the tip.

Kathryn

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm liking mine thus far. Hopefully it will hold up as advertised. Only time will tell.

Back in 2018 at the EAA of all places, I bought a 10” skillet for my wife. She was no longer able to handle our CI. It was a ceramic by BergHOFF’s EUROCAST Professional series. She loved it. Got to cookin with it exclusively & you could even put it in the oven. Lasted just fine. I only use it now for my Pepin Omelet.
      It is a tad pricey but worth it. Just checked, a 10” is on sale for 99.99 at Amazon. A 12” is 179.99.
      Last edited by FireMan; August 23, 2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here