Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill top griddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill top griddles

Looking for a griddle for my Weber gas grill, found a SizzleQ stainless that looks pretty nice, at a good price. Has a grease catcher in the front, sits up a few inches off the CI grill grates. Any reason I should look at anything else?

Only Fire, Little Griddle, Camp Chef had ones that will fit. You can get just to griddle top at Camp Chef and I believe Blackstone.

Comment

Thanks! Much appreciated....

Comment

Depending on what you plan to cook on it the most, always keep grease management options in mind. There's a balance of ability/space to capture and alignment with the heat source.

Comment

I have a Steelmade Griddle for my Weber Summit Gasser. It has a grease catcher that clips on to the grate and works pretty well.

https://steelmadeusa.com/collections...outdoor-grill#

I like the heat distribution of the Steelmade Griddle compared with a Blackstone:

From the Steelmade site: This is a Blackstone heat distribution--lots of hotspots:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2867_large.JPG?v=1554354279.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.3 KB ID:	1039377

This is with the Steelmade Griddle:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190402T102757_large.JPG?v=1554354314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	1039378

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; June 1, 2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
            GolfGeezer commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc I'm curious. The heat shots you use are from Steelmade's site. Easy to get that result for the Blackstone if you take the IR shot before it is fully heated. Have you verified with your own IR temp measures? Not looking for controversy, just clarification. I do notice that on my 28" BS griddle one side runs hotter than the other, measured with Thermoworks IR meter, but pretty close after about 20 minutes.

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            GolfGeezer, I've not done the loaf of bread test (the gold standard, probably ) but I have used my infrared thermometer, and there do not appear to be hot spots. I can't speak to the Blackstone since I don't own one.
            I wanted to use my gasser because the setup in a gasser catches more of the splatter from using a griddle. I could have purchased a Camp Chef griddle for my Somerset IV outdoor gas range but the splatter would have been worse with it. I like the Steelmade so far.

Kathryn

• GolfGeezer
            GolfGeezer commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc Sounds good. I tend to use the flat side of the Grill Grates on have on my gasser instead of the flattop. Mostly use it for fish and veggies that might fall thru the GG holes. I make a mess regardless of tool used, so splatter is just part of my cooking game. 😎

I use a lodge griddle on my gas Weber. But I also have GrillGrates and more often use the flat side as a griddle. Obviously, it has holes in it, so it's not the same as a regular griddle, but it works great most of the time.
          Last edited by Attjack; June 1, 2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. With the flat side of the GGs I don't use my Steelmade Griddle as much as I would without the GG option.

K.

I bought some GG for both my Weber gasser and kettle. Used them on the gasser and liked them a lot, but seemed really hard to keep clean after a year or so (probably just my lazy butt not keeping after things). I never opened the box for the kettle GG, but think I'll give that a try. BTW, the SizzleQ stainless works like a champ. My wife seems to be angling towards the Blackstone even now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here