Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been cooking on this in the house now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been cooking on this in the house now

This is actually really nice to use, but the drain leaves something to be desired. I'll be modifying that.
    https://steelmadeusa.com/collections...s-range-stoves

That looks pretty cool!

Comment

Dumb question: what are the little holes in the left for? Otherwise , looks really cool.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan It looks like a drain of sorts. I saw the drip tray on the site, but don’t get how it connects. Or do you just place it on the "floor" of your range?

Like Attjack i use my double burner cast iron as well.

I have been eyeing those. I use my lodge 2-burner griddle a lot.

Comment

Yup, Attjack & SheilaAnn , I use my L- double on my Weber, Napoleon & my stove top.

Comment

ER... I sadly can't get natural gas in this house (long story) but they have one for electrics too. hmm

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
            Dumb question: what are the little holes in the left for? Otherwise , looks really cool.
            It's a drain, and frankly is the only weak spot in the system. A matching drip tray goes underneath it AND underneath the stove grill. So the grease can get on the stove's grill, and under the griddle. The shape of the stove also prevents things from being placed optimally. I plan on fixing these points in the future. I'll try taking some pictures to show what I'm talking about.

Bottom line is that I still love it. I was amazed at how fast it seasoned. I already can cook eggs on it without sticking. and I don't have to do smash burgers one at a time any more!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here