Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with CI ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with CI ID

CI gurus... I was wondering if I could get help with identifying a couple of pans? A good friend of mine was recently given a couple of pans from his mother. He's trying to restore them, as they were in REALLY bad shape (looks like he may have taken a drill attachment to one of them). Can anyone confirm who made these? and potentially a rough estimate on the year?

Is this a Wagner? (thats a piece of grass on it, not a scratch)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mike_ci1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	973839

Name:	mike_ci2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	973841

This a Birmingham Stove & Range?

Name:	mike_ci3.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	973840

Name:	mike_ci4.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	973838

I'd love to be able to help him out if possible. He grows ~40 different kinds of peppers in his backyard in VA, smokes them on his WSM, and sends me packets of flakes and grounds of different varieties. He's been playing around with making his own rubs and sending them to me for feedback. Kind of a fun process, but dang he grows some crazy spicy stuff!

The 8 KG pan is a BSR, as you suggested.

Then other pan is an unmarked Wagner. They often times made those for different stove makers though out their tenure as manufactures.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Really appreciate the help, Spinaker !!!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem! I hope your friend enjoys his new finds! He should be able to clean these up pretty easily. These are not in that bad of shape. Believe me, I have seen them waaaaay worse than this.

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker this is after working on them for days trying different approaches lol. I saw the "before" picks, definitely scary!

Ditto on Spin’s assessment of the shape they’re in, almost cosmetic. Tell yer friend to lose the power tool. Nice pieces.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks FireMan ! I did... I don't know much, but I know he needs to be more gentle with his babies and drop the drill! Think I got him pointed in the right direction, and he really appreciates the help from you guys on the ID's. 👍🏻

FishTalesNC

Make sure to show him this link. You will never need power tools again. And it doesn't hurt the iron at all. Power tools can really dig in, they are faster, but they can also damage that vintage iron. I don't have a problem using them on newer pans, but those vintage ones are one of a kind.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually mentioned that to him first - he’s got garage space and is fairly mechanically inclined but... he had read up on it somewhere and wasn’t ready to take it on. No doubt it’s ideal, just overwhelming to some degree. At least he’s put down the drill! And was VERY appreciative of the extra info around when those pieces were potentially made!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here