Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How CI cookware is made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How CI cookware is made

I just ran across this on youtube and thought some here would enjoy seeing it, (Borough Furnace):

Brilliant.

Comment

Very Interesting,

Comment

Great video. I loved the color of the red hot glow the enamel dutch ovens had coming out of the furnace.

Comment

Thank you for posting this.

Comment

That's exactly the way I'd do it. Fascinating. Thanks. Here's the Lodge video for comparison: https://www.lodgecastiron.com/about-lodge/how-its-made

Comment

Thanks! We did some sand casting in high school. Good times!

Comment

Now watching them make the product I was thinking $1000 for the Skillet and Dutch Oven as a set.

It’s actually cheaper than I thought but still something out of my price range for how often I’d use them.

Dutch Oven $240

Skillet $300

Comment

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea if I bought either or both of those I'd be living in a garage. But they are nice. An art.

That's a great video.

Comment

It is a cool video. Really cool pans too.

Comment

I kinda want the grill pan... https://boroughfurnace.com/collectio...n-braising-lid

Comment

Cool video. Really nice looking cookware. I want it all! Maybe I can refinance my house.......

Comment

I actually went back tonyheir site to further consider an order. They are sold out until Feb or March depending on which item you order. Good for them. It seems the product is highly sought after. Makes me want it even more.

Comment

Honestly, these aren't much more than Le Creuset and I'd rather buy this stuff. The 5.5 quart LC is $335 so this stuff is actually *cheaper*.

They're really heirloom pieces, so if you have kids and they cook at all... these are worth it. My CI pans are my grandmothers (1940s Wagner). It's kind of special using them.

I also like that they're not as heavy as Lodge.
                          Last edited by rickgregory; November 15, 2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here