Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misen Kickstarter Dutch Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misen Kickstarter Dutch Oven

You may be aware of Misen knives:

Discover the Misen Chef's Knife, designed with AUS-10 Japanese Steel to stay sharp and durable for effortless slicing and chopping. Elevate your cooking now.

Here's a $ 99.00 Misen Kickstarter, and they've done a handful of kickstarters already that have done well:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...JMZkMifQ%3D%3D

I have their knives and I love them. I have no doubt their Dutch oven will be top quality.

Edit 9/15/20 - just pledged for 1 Dutch oven. I'm going to get the traditional lid, I'd never use the grill option. I decided to order the green version, it will go well with my 1950s kitchen motif. I have a black enamel and a red enamel Dutch oven already.
    Last edited by 58limited; September 15, 2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      The 'John Deere Green' is an awesome choice!

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonder if I can ask for yellow trim?

Thanks that looks like it could be a good deal. Do you have any idea what the shipping cost might be? I've seen a few where the item was priced right, but shipping was exorbitant.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I just pledged and it listed the domestic U.S. shipping as $10.00; thus the total pledge is $109.00 ($99.00 plus $10.00 S&H).

That looks really good. I would be torn between the grill lid and the traditional lid. I would probably get the regular lid, as I already have plenty of frying pans, and a 2 burner "grill" pan/griddle for the stove top.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      The comment further down about overall height concerns of one lid over the other is a good catch tho...

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      JGo37 good point, but that is the case for any dutch oven that has a handle. I don't see the 1" or so of the lid handle being an issue for most grills, maybe it matters for the PBC grate to lid distance. I've used my 5 quart Lodge plenty of times on all my grills.

I signed up. I was part of their first kickstarter for the chef's knife and really like it. I opted out of the last few as they didn't appeal to me but then did this one as I needed another dutch oven and appreciate their quality. I will choose the traditional lid as I have zero need for a grill pan and I already have one I never use and don't really think they serve a purpose.

Comment

I ordered mine about a week ago and opted for the grill pan lid as it would require less head room for the PBC. Not sure of the dimensions, but just in case it might make a difference.

They later sent an email saying you will have the option of both lids later and they'll be offering red and green colors.

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        good catch on overall height - 'food' for thought.. (see what I did there?)

I ordered one a few days ago. Price seems reasonable. I've thought the other Misen items I've bought are good quality/value.

Comment

The ceramic on the cover of my dutch oven has started to chip. The logical thing would be to just get a new cover, but why be logical? Just put my order in.

Comment

I don't have a Dutch Oven, so this was a great opportunity. I pulled the trigger.

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep a Dutch oven on my range top because I use it all the time.

I boarded the bandwagon. Did anyone else suggest a smaller size and/or a purple color option on their survey?

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Our only dutch oven is my 5 quart Lodge, and I worried it would be too small when I got it, but its been a great size, and I can't think of many times I would need a larger one. I don't think I would want a smaller one than 5 quarts though.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            jfmorris I've got the same Lodge - no surprise there... I've also got one from Westinghouse, believe it or not, that is about 2/3 the size, and I use it all the time, cooking for two.

• SmokingSteve
            SmokingSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            I requested Purple for the color

I had been back and forth on this since it first came out. I've heard nothing but good things about Misen products and seeing these comments convinced me I should buy it. Just went to back the project and found that I had already done so and don't even remember doing it. Now I'm worried MCS has invaded my subconscious and taken over my dreams, making me order cookers and accessories in my sleep.

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            or you should have never given that dog a credit card...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here