Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look What You Made Me Do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look What You Made Me Do!

Although I dearly love my Anolon nonstick cookware, there has been a gaping hole in the collection. There are two small skillets, with the "large" one only 10 inches. There is the wonderful chef's pan that I love for making sauce and then finishing pasta in it, but that thing's a 14 inch gargantuan.

Soooo, once I discovered during the holidays that Target carries Lodge cast iron, I took a look there and found the 12 inch Lodge is very inexpensive and so easy to put into the shopping cart. So today I made the jump. All of you folks raving about your cast iron pieces, and especially Lodge, made this a very easy decision. Here's my little beauty after a rinse and a bit more oil awaiting the bacon I cooked up to go on our salads tonight:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0427(Edited).jpg
Views:	304
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	791816

But, of course, a cast iron skillet isn't the only equipment envy I've gotten in the couple of months I've been hanging out here. I have watched in awe as I've seen photos of meat being brined sitting on a rack that perfectly fits within a sheet pan. Welllll, my baking sheets were getting a bit long in the tooth, so I poked around on Amazon and decided to go with a set of two stainless sheet pans with stainless racks that fit in them. They arrived yesterday. They are shown here with the beautiful silpats I picked up a couple weeks ago. Already roasted some potatoes on one of the pads, it was so much easier than cutting parchment paper! I realize that heavy aluminum is probably preferred for baking, but I wanted the convenience of the stainless being dishwasher-safe since the pans will also be used with raw meat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428(1).jpg
Views:	262
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	791817

I'm sure I'm finished shopping now in trying to keep up with y'all.

For at least a week or so.

HAHAHAHA! Nice addition to your heavy metal collection.

Comment

Got a link to the baking sheets?

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. Don't let that get out of hand now.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahaha. You’re one to talk. Especially when it comes to Cast Iron pans.
        Jim White if you have any questions about taking care of your new CI pan Spinaker is the man to guide you through.
        I blame him for my, now, 13+ CI pan collection. 😁

Be afraid! Once the gate is opened it's OVER!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        He's right you know!

Nice job on the cast iron!

Comment

It looks like you have cast your vote for CI.

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Now I'm just waiting for the Anolon wok to get just a bit more worn out. It's thinner material and wasn't part of the rest of the Anolon set. The Lodge wok looks wonderful.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim White I was told by this group to buy Carbon Steel not CI for a wok. The ability to change temperature and directions on your cook is easier on Carbon Steel. (so yes, I recently purchased a CI Wok) lol

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          @RichardChrz Since my cooktop is electric, cooking in the wok is like steering an aircraft carrier: turning temps down is not much of an option, there's just too much inertia.

Here we go. I have enough cast iron (well, my wife says I have enough), but I don't have any sheet pans with racks. Except now I do; they should be here on Monday at the latest

Comment

Once you get the hand of it, you’ll never turn back.

Comment

Nice pan Jim. What pan will you order next week? 10"? 8"? or 17"? You will have them all before long. I'm sorry if I've been the blame for any of your recent or near future purchases.

Comment

Nice! I like my Lodge pan better than my more expensive CI Pans.

Comment

Those stainless steel pans with the wire racks in 'em sure looks handy! Nice addition, inspires me to look around on Amazon :-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here