Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happiness is a clean griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is a clean griddle

I’ve been using my cast iron griddle a lot through the summer and fall - a lot of smash burgers mostly and other various things. It was getting really gross. I would scrape the cooking surface and wipe it down, of course. But the burnt-on cheese and crud was really building up.

Then I used it as my heat deflector for the LSG pizza oven last weekend. It came out with a surface layer of oxidation all over and looked horrible, but completely gunk-free. I wire brushed away the surface powder, scrubbed with soapy water, and reseasoned. Came out looking like new.

Makes me want to cook some smash burgers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACD031A3-F414-4CD8-91E8-0BBF91A11B65.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	785864

Nicely done. What was that old timex slogan "takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

Comment

Yet another great feature of the LSG.
      It can help restore CI pans as well. 😁

Comment

• radshop
        radshop commented
        Editing a comment
        How does anybody live without one?

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know brother. 👊👊

I have two of those on my camp chef, the redid normally in my oven to add thermal mass and keep fluctuations to a minimal. Use them all the time for burgers, or scallops or such.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, add thermal mass, that’s the ticket! 🕶

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here