Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Q or Lodge 17 inch skillet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle Q or Lodge 17 inch skillet

Does anybody own or have experience with Kettle Q griddle or the 17 inch lodge skillet on a 22.5 inch kettle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	76246

Click image for larger version

Name:	lodge.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	76247

I'm looking to add some type of "most purpose" griddle to my weber performer for summer backyard shenanigans.
    The 17 inch is actually 14 inch on cooking surface

Max Good ?
    Last edited by Ernest; April 3, 2015, 12:55 PM.

I'm a sucker for anything made my Lodge....

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you're just a sucker, I'm a junkie!!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't afford to be a junkie.

I have a griddle Q for my gasser. I know its not exactly the same. While I do like it. It gets used very little. Its messy. Pain to clean. Bulky to store. It does have a cool factor for making breakfast for friends.

I dont think you can go wrong with the Lodge.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 3, 2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it's the same folks that make the kettle Q. Thanks for the input

I'd go with the Lodge hands-down. I always season mine, even if they claim already seasoned. Take care of the CI and all you need is hot water and paper towels to clean it.

I've done burgs on the gasser using Big Bertha, but she is only 12". Still, CI rules!

--Ed

Comment

You're right Medusa , plus the lodge can do a fish or chicken fry.
      Man I got about 20 pieces of Lodge CI LOL

Comment

Have you considered the 20x10 in Lodge Griddle? I have one of these and love it. I dont use it outdoors much because I just turn my GrillGrates over, but on the range and under the broiler it's fantastic.

Comment

PenskeFile not sure if that would fit on the Weber performer. Have you ever used it on a 22.5 kettle?

Comment

I just checked it on my 22in Weber Performer and it fits! There is about a 1/2" to spare at each corner. I use mine on the gas grill outdoors but yes, it will fit a Weber Kettle.

Comment

Thank you PenskeFile

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here