Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to me brand of CI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me brand of CI

Hey Spinaker - are you familiar with this brand?

Wow. I like that! Love the shape!

You got one on its way yet? 😂

Comment

I like the questions. "Is it cast metal or cast iron?" "Is this oven safe?" I'm tempted to ask if it is dishwasher safe or can be left outdoors just to round it out...

Comment

Iwachu is kind of the Japanese Lodge but like many things Japanese, there's a lot more to the whole process especially when it comes to the Tetsubin kettles. I can't imagine anybody that knows cast iron is cast metal and oven safe would ever be disappointed.

Comment

Nice looking pan. Added to my cart but not bought yet.

Comment

Definitely a sexy lookin skillet!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe you should take her out to dinner. Um, I mean breakfast!

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              My thoughts also, it’s a beaut!

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              ComfortablyNumb, tempted, but not sorely...

I actually take great delight in makin omelettes on my Blackstone, so much easier...

Beautiful pan, but too expensive IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I have heard of them, but I don’t own any. Iwachu has been making pans in Japan for a hundred plus years. I am sure they are fine pans.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Spinaker - you do realize that you don't have to cook Japanese food in a Japanese pan??

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I am sure they are fine pans and are higher quality than Chinese castings. That was not the comparison I was trying to make, although it realize it seemed like I was. I am just more into the American Castings.Although I don't like pieces with wooden handles, it keeps them from the oven, grill or the camp fire. Steve B

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I would like to learn how to make Japanese food. I love it. Now that I think of it, I like food from pretty much anywhere. RonB

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here