Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SALE!! Select Lodge Skillets and Lids are 30% off today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SALE!! Select Lodge Skillets and Lids are 30% off today!

Just a heads up folks, Lodge is running a great sale today! For one, I love those little 5-inch square skillets! Many more deals to be had. Do yourself a favor and buy some fine American Iron today!

Click here for the deals!

For the love of god why did you have to show this to me.
    Haaa Just ordered the 17" skillet, 5" square and 5" round skillets.
    I'm feeling my house starting to lean to the left a little bit.
    Last edited by Steve B; February 20, 2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! You are going to love it.That 17" is a HAWG! I love using it on the BGE with the lid up. Or at the hunting camp. Those little 5" skillet are awesome too. Glad I could help with your MCS, Steve!

Wow!! I just looked at the 17". That would make one over the top pizza pan! MCS?? Oh my goodness! Probably order a PBC soon instead! But that 17" sure looks nice and I would use it some!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I LOVE my 17". It is a real beast. Makes you feel like you cooking on the ol' chuckwagon

Spin--what is your opinion on the heat-treated pieces?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't need them. You can do that yourself, easily. Simply throw your oven on 500 F with the convection setting. I am pretty sure that is all they are doing. It is more for marketing and people that do not want to take time to do it themselves.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker How long do you leave the pieces in the oven?

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hours. I like to do it in my kamodo so it cools very slowly. That is key. I bake them for at least 4 Hours, then shut the dampers and allow the kamodo to slowly cool. gcdmd The finish will be a dull grey, almost shiny.

I just looked up the 17" on Amazon and it is much cheaper than Lodge's sale price. Other products seem to be cheaper to buy straight from Lodge.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Amazon can do that from time to time. However, I'd rather buy direct from Lodge than give Bezos another dollar.

It's tempting, but I guess I'll just have to make do with my old Griswolds.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing wrong with that.

Waiting for cornbread festival, waiting for cornbread festival. Keep repeating. If I get there and the are no sales, I am going to kick myself in the...

Comment

OK so I ordered the Lodge 17" pan. My Wife made me! I think she has MCS too! We've recently made pizza in my 12" pan and the crust gets a nice browning and crispness so now we can make a pizza in the 17" when our Daughter comes home!
      Last edited by Skip; February 21, 2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Time for some Deep Dish!!!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here