Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another US CI: Butter Pat Industries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another US CI: Butter Pat Industries

Their slogan caught me. 'Cast Iron hasn't been this smooth in 100 years.'

Then there's the pricing for the 100 year warranty. 10" $ 295.00, 12" surface $ 395.00. So many of us have to choose - a new Performer, or a skillet?

Butter Pat Polished Cast Iron Cookware is hand-cast thin for lighter weight and polished smooth on all surfaces. Cast iron hasn't been this smooth in 100 years. Made in limited quantities in the USA.

They look like really nice skillets, but they are the high end of the price range. Think I max out about the price of Finex or Smithey.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
      Jon Liebers commented
      Editing a comment
      me too

Man they look sweet. But that’s one hefty price tag. 😬

Comment

Nice but i have to draw the line on those prices. You can get any of the other new ones out there considerably cheaper. Anyone of them will last you a life time.

Comment

At 71, a hundred year warranty seems to be of little value...

Comment

Yeah, these pans are great. I have two (Heather and Joan), but they are really pricey. They are actually very similar to Smithey, just a bit heavier and almost twice the price. The handles are different, but other than that, they are very similar. To be honest, I love my Butter Pat pans, but they are the only pans that I kinda wish I had not purchased. Especially since I can get a few high-end US pans for the price of a single Joan or Heather. (Not to mention the Joan!) Now that is not say anything bad about the product itself; they are fantastic pans, but that price point is very steep.

All of the new US manufactures will take your pan back, at anytime. They all have lifetime guarantees.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
            Jon Liebers commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no idea why their pans or so highly priced, do you? They look great , but like you said $400 for a large skillet seems way overboard, even for me.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly, I have no idea. They don't do anything that the other high end brands don't. (As far as I know) They might make them in much smaller batches, but that seems more like they need to find a bigger foundry to supply more skillets and lower their delivery price. Jon Liebers

My $35 Lodge works just fine thank you. Cast Iron is getting kind of prissy if you ask me.

Comment

While those pans are gorgeous, I think I'd prefer to pimp my own pans. Yes, it's a bit of work, but it's also very satisfying too. That 300 or so smackers would go a long way to getting materials for my outdoor cook station.

Comment

Whew! I had a need in the 10” Stargazer & thought the 80 bucks was pricey. But a one time special purchase seemed OK. My wife & I really came to appreciate the handle and now view it as a prize workhorse. I’ve mentioned in the past we have a Griz & an Erie, both 12” & some sort of Chinese 8”. That’s enough. And those prices are out there for those who can afford it. Need vs. want. They sure do look nice.

Comment

Someone is going to have to explain to me why food cooked in a $300 skillet tastes better than food cooked in the skillet Mom probably paid $5 for 50 years ago.

Comment

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you know what you paid for it, it tastes better. (?)

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ain't no amount of $$$$, metallurgy, CAD design/manufacture, production methods, seasonin methods, etc. can ever give food from a new CI skillet a better taste than one infused with decades of yer Mama's Love, Brother!

There's Magic all up in Her skillet, as ya obviously know!

They are nice indeed, but ill keep my old wagners and griswalds. Have a couple newer lodge skillets and dutch ovens that i plan tosand down to perform like my golden age pieces. Just picked up theses babys for free. Were in terrible condition, but up to snuff now. I know the market is flooded with replicas, but i cant tell the difference. Maybe Mr. Bones or Spinaker can help me out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here