Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hunk O’ hunk O’ iron.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! I heard a rep from Lodge talk about it and it sounded great. Now my MCS/MCIS is in full tilt boogie.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Love full tilt boogie, love iron more! 🕶

Great - I'll bet you could use that flat grill part a lot like Grill Grates to sear on cooker.

Comment

The Lid as I will call it, will cook a plethora of things. How do ya like that for a word on Amazing Wibs. Can you say Johnnie cakes, tortillas, steaks, butter burgers, flap jacks, eggs etc. treesmacker the sky is the limit.

Comment

Nice addition, what you gonna cook in it first? I’m off on the carbon steel route right now but that’s a cool CI versatile cooker.

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried the carbon steel thing for a while. The wok is the only carbon steel I still really use. I have to have the thermal inertia of CI for most of what I like to cook.

Cool tool, I like it!

Comment

Happy cooks ahead. Nice acquisition.

Comment

I´m waiting for the cook it all over here in europe. That´s a great piece of CI.

Comment

FireMan or Polarbear777 Have you used this set up yet?

Comment

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope. It doesn’t fit in my rigs so it will have to wait until I have time for camp cooking with coals or come up with something to cook putting it over the 60k BTU propane burner.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Gotcha. I am sure you will be able to find something. I need to get one of these. The problem is, I am not sure when I would use it. However, that has never stopped me from buying CI pieces in the past. Polarbear777

Yep, gentlemen -- we need food pics or it isn't real. Curious minds need ta know and all that.

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                True dat

Shortly after I ordered it my wife had her medical incident. So, I recieved it to an empty home. After 3 months of hospital & rehab stays it is now rehab/home care as she builds strength. We’ve also had winter step in, in a big way, so I’m waiting until spring. I might use the Lid prior, we’ll see.

Comment

• NapMaster
                NapMaster commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad your wife is now home. She ca rehab lifting and swinging it. When she hits you on your head with it, her rehab is complete. Good luck to the both of you.

• IowaGirl
                IowaGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                FireMan -- You have the right of it, Sir -- family comes first. My apologies for teasing you at a bad time. I hope your wife's recovery goes smoothly! Take care of yourself -- it's a stressful time for you too.

Smoked belly, then braised with gold bbq sauce.
              Was going to finish it on the lid but it browned well enough

Click image for larger version

Name:	0D3EE387-5E5E-4C5C-B972-E2AFF0377307.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	634901

Comment

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                In case you don’t realize the scale of this monster, that’s a 1/2 aluminum sheet pan it’s sitting on.

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, really big! 🕶

I need to add this to my collection for sure.

Comment

Nothing like a box of BBQ goodies to get your day going right! Looks great. I got a box through the post myself - iron of a different kind!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_121637.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	634990

Comment

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have the Maverick ET732. Then I got the Maverick XR50. Now you guys are tempting me with the fireboard. Does this ever end?

That's what I am talking about. I am trying to hold off until the http://nationalcornbread.com/ festival and see if I can get a deal on it, but MCS is a cruel mistress...

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got it on the introductory price. I think it jumped 40 bucks after.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I should have jumped on it right away too. Study long, study wrong my uncles used to say.

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Heh heh heh, cool uncles!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here