Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stok Mega Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stok Mega Griddle

Got this at a Cabela's clearance for $29.99 a few weeks ago. It's pre-seasoned cast iron, 19" and fits on a frame that fits the 22.5" kettle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	52448

One side is 100% griddle, the other is half griddle and half griddle grates.

Name:	IMG_1225.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	52445

Name:	IMG_1226.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	52446

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	52447

This is a good 1/4" thick and weighs a ton (22 lbs). Transmits heat really fast. I put a full chimney of coals in the kettle and then set this down and in less than 5 minutes you could feel the heat and tilapia fillets I put on it sizzled. I can't decide if I'd use it enough for its full price of $70-80, but I'm happy I got it cheap. Will be good for fajitas and vegetables.

and... Pizza!

Comment

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      They actually make a pizza stone that fits the frame also. This would be a good use of a high range IR thermometer - check the surface of this when sitting above the Vortex.

Thats a sweet deal TB

Comment

I remember you posted that back when you got it, was that you? Heckuva deal. I wouldn't mind that for some nice smoked "diner burgers" or what not.

Comment

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, mentioned it when I ordered it and this was the first chance to use it since I got it last week.

Or, if you own GrillGrates, turn them over and do your burgers, et. al on the flat side!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't. I'd like to have them for my 22 I think they'd be GRATE to have, but at $99 they're not on top of the priority list.

This is pretty cool I have a cast iron pizza pan that I have used on my kettle but this has more surface area.I want one

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here