Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another interesting Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another interesting Kickstarter

I honestly hope it's OK to keep posting these. I love a good idea when i see it. and I LOVE cruising Kickstarter. this is what makes America and the world, great. the ability to have a good idea and make it reality. Ever thought of something and thought, "Gee, that would be SO cool. but, to make one it would be too expensive. if only I could find a way to make enough to market?" Kickstarter seems to be the wat. and I have found some great things there. some ore way too expensive, some, I can't "See" the idea, some, well, sadly a few have never come through with the reward (there are three I am still waiting for, one I have just given up on.)

Anyway, I have all the cast Iron I need. but, for a family just being established, if they are a cook or aspiring cook, this looks like it would be a marvelous cast iron piece to get someone started.

Meanwhile, if TPTB object to occasionally posting something here from kickstarter is something I should not do, please let me know. also, perhaps TPTB might consider a section on Cast Iron as it is a method of cooking as much as an heirloom piece of cookware.

Neat

Comment

There is a CI channel.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        welp. here's me looking a fool. again. as usual

Keep 'em comin' Karon. We all like to hear about new stuff.

Comment

I’m glad you posted this! I’ve been wanting one of there pans, but looking at the combo they’re offering, I’m going to ruin my budget for the WSCGC!! Now I’ve got a dilemma.

Comment

These are awesome pieces. I know Histrix has quite a few.

I would love to have the Flaming Skillet. Now that would be fun to cook on over an open fire.

Also, these are made of wrought iron. They are worked, not cast. They are not brittle like cast iron. So they will be highly resistant to cracking.

Comment

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker , how would you like to split one of the big sets?

I want the small skillet and the two new pots. I’m not interested in the flaming skillet, yet.

I’m also ambivalent about the large skillet.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Possibly, which sets are you referring too? kmhfive

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            I really like the idea that the two together nest nicely to make a great Dutch Oven. my only loss in this is as a deep fryer but, I have a deep fryer so, whoopteedo!

More CI for Spinaker

Comment

As Spinaker already mentioned - these are not cast iron they are stamped carbon steel. Solidteknics no longer makes any cast iron products, they ceased production of their cast iron line a few months ago.

Comment

The Flaming Skillet is the one piece I'd really love. that would be SO marvelous! I could have a big time with proteins in that puppy. it's a lovely piece.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                That is the one I want too!

Originally posted by Histrix View Post
              As Spinaker already mentioned - these are not cast iron they are stamped carbon steel. Solidteknics no longer makes any cast iron products, they ceased production of their cast iron line a few months ago.
              That's a shame. I like their Satin finish carbon steel, but LOVE the cast iron pieces I have from them. Glad I bought everything while they were still available. This company makes great products. The price is on the high side, but it is quality that should last forever.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here