Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Lodge CI griddle..... delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lodge CI griddle..... delivered

Kind of giddy when I ordered it, damn giddy when it was here in 2 days (target, $29.50 w tax no shipping). I asked my son to hold it up and give it some scale and he was less than enthused. We'all see how enthused he is when I'm doing smashed burgers on it.

9.5 x 16.75

covers two burners on my stove but I'm more interested for outdoor. Large bge, this will fit and has no handle so I can close the egg if needed w no handle to get in the way. Could have gotten a smaller pan and shorter handle and there are pans w/o handles. I liked the surface area (just Shy of 160 inches). Preaseasoned from our friends at Lodge and ready to go.

One MCS scratch was itched. I found a visa gc and checked the balance on it for the heck of it and it has 52 bucks. Score.

It is in fact mine just didn't remember a balance in there. I think the BBQ dragon rechargeable stuff is calling my name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	298009

Nice pick up!! This will fit, tightly on your LBGE. You will really like this piece. I keep one in my oven, full-time. I just heat the oven and place food right on the griddle. Tots, fries, shrimp, veggies, bacon, sausage etc all come out awesome. Just give the griddle a wipe when your done, and your good to go. My oven CI griddle is defiantly my most used piece of CI. Every time the oven comes on, that baby is getting a work out. I have even considered buying three more just to totally cover my oven rack! Kinda like Grill Grates for the oven!

PS Your boy is gonna LOVE those Smash Burgers! IF you have a cast Iron press that kicks them up even more! Make sure we get some pictures of y'all enjoying the fruits of it's labor!

Comment

• Notavegan
      Notavegan commented
      Editing a comment
      Just picked up 8 lbs of boneless country style ribs, destined for CI Dutch oven tomorrow

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean, please stand up.....please stand up....casue all you other Spinaker's are just imitating, so won't the real Spinaker please stand up....please stand up. Sorry I got carried away. hehehe Danjohnston949

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice. They will be heavenly! Notavegan

Roger that. I think I can do 8 smash burgers, or 8 eggs or 4-5 steaks. Chops, swordfish, big sloppy pressed sandwiches?? I plan on blackening.... a lot of food.

Your CI collection is insane. mine is budding (Dutch oven and now griddle). I did pot roast in the DO not too Lon ago and came in and the DO was "soaking" in hot soapy water in the sink. My mother was just trying to help "that's a soaker Christopher, all that black stuff needs to come off".

Breathe.....

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure the inside is well oiled and. Maybe do a few manual seasoning runs, especially on new pans and ovens. Let me know if you need tips on that! Cheers!

Notavegan, I have an Old Oval Cast Iron Griddle it Fits the Whole Surface of a Large Coleman 2 Burner Camp Stove! I Store it in Two Paper Grocery Bags End to End! Protects the Seasoning and Keeps the Griddle Clean! 👍👍👍👍👍
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I just picked up this gem at a local estate sale this morning. I got dinged a bit on the price, the women do negotiations was a tough old bird!
      Anyway, its a Griswold 744 #7 Griddle. It will take some time in the E-bath, but this one is gonna be a thing of beauty when she is finished. This one is in very good condition. No pitting, warping or cracks! Score!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Griswold Griddle:744#7.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	298227Click image for larger version

Name:	Griswold Griddle:744#7:Front.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	298228

Comment

• TheCountofQ
        TheCountofQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice. I bought everything to set one up about a year ago. Two thick steel plates, for the anodes from a scrap yard, so I can hit both sides at once. I need to go get it set up.... Is that as smooth as the skillets?? Looks a bit bumpy, but could be crud I guess.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        TheCountofQ It's not quite as smooth as the Griswold pans, but it's smoother than factory Lodge castings. There is also some old seasoning that will be removed in the E-Tank.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        TheCountofQ Also,
        Make sure that the anodes are clean!! You want to remove as much rust as possible. After one round, it;s unavoidable. But for the first run you can really maximize your time if you start with the cleanest metal possible.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here