Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy or Lucky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy or Lucky!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dutch.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	296599 I washed up after dinner and realized I have a fetish! I was tempted to bring out the rest of the collection but didn't think I should let everyone know!!!

It looks like you have CI lodged in your mind.

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      I see what you did there.

Oh Spinaker

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      well, well, well......

Very nice collection!! Those pieces look great! We would love to see some more of your pieces. As others might have told you, I have a bit of a problem as well. Here is a picture of the bulk of my collection. I am working on a bigger rack......while more iron piles up. We have a thread dedicated to cast iron restoration, if you are interested.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Cast Iron Collection.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.46 MB ID:	296635

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks are deceiving, The all the skillets in the back row are hung from the back of the rack. Believe me, I was worried about the same thing. But it is actually really solid. DeusDingo

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't realize New Balance made iron sneakers. Ha!

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker - I think your floor is sagging...

One good thing to come out of my CI... I was a scoutmaster of our local boy scout troop. I recently ran into a mom of one of my scouts (now all grown up) and she told me how he talks of CI cooking and the cooking things I taught him. I was very proud!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      That is awesome. Do you ever hit up the Legion in Chan? Great spot.

Absolutely, a great spot. Also like Chuckwagon Charlies, they have good Q although sometimes it seems like it sits too long and dries out. Overall a good BBQ joint.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Brunch on Sundays? Killer! That is a great spot, indeed. I've been to Chuckwagon Charlies a few times. Good food. But yeah, it sits. My brother lives over in Chan. Long Acres Development.

Just South of Hwy 5 from Long Acres!
    Last edited by SMO; March 30, 2017, 08:15 AM. Reason: it must have been the Wild Turkey whenI typed North but meant the other north

Comment

• SMO
      SMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker Thanks!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You bet. Smoke on brother! SMO Lets see some pics of that new KJ!

• SMO
      SMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker The new KJ should be here in a couple of days. Just left Atlanta today! Pics will definitely be on the way!

Nice set of iron you have there Spinaker , Afraid to ask though are the shoes in the lower right hand corner CI as well??

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, those are my BBQ shoes. They are good luck.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh I need to get me some of those!! any ritual that needs to be done to make em lucky?? (A new form of MCS Lucky shoes! you could make a killing)

Nice set you got there SMO. I'll admit I would like a CI dutch oven the kind with feet and indented top. So you can nestle the the pot right down in the fire and then put some of the lit coals on top (in the indention) to cook from both top and bottom like a cake or something!! Do I ever bake cakes No of course not but sure would be fun to try lol!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Try it with potatoes or any other assorted veggies. Or better yet, a whole chicken! Tatsy stuff GG.

• SMO
      SMO commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had three of them stacked up with meat/potatoes in one and cobblers in the other two.

GadjetGriller Check Craig's List or Ebay for an old camp dutch oven. Estate/Garage sales are also great spots to find Cast Iron gems. You'll be amazed at what you can find. And remember, pretty much every piece can be restored like new. I would be more than happy to walk you through that process, if you find something. Cast Iron cooking is a joy and it compliments BBQ very well. It makes memories that will last a lifetime. Just ask SMO

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll look into that (Craig's list and such) Your right its cast iron thanks Spinaker

RonB Yeah, I know, Look what happened to my last house!!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Unknown-1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	12.2 KB ID:	297652
    Last edited by Spinaker; March 31, 2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here