Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Cast Iron Pieces !!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Us Your Cast Iron Pieces !!!

Here is a snap shot of my cast iron collection. The lighting isn't the best but this is a pretty good snap shot of part of my collection. In the back are my Griswold Skillets. (There is 2 wagers in there too) And in the front, is my 17 inch Lodge griddle pan and Wok. Leaning against that is most of my Lodge collection. I also have my two pieces of Finex mixed in there too! I just thought I would share how bad my Cast Iron MCS has gotten.

Not pictured are all of my dutch ovens (9) , my corn bread pans, and a few others that are in the E-bath right now.

Pretty much all of these skillets are refurbished from nothing but rust and carbon buildup. I use my own seasoning process that works really well. Once I get a bigger table I will post the whole collection!!

Anybody else have a Cast iron collection they wanna share?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1449.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.19 MB ID:	240177
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1454.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	240223
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spinaker; April 30, 2017, 01:03 PM.

I think they call it MCIS. Pretty impressive collection

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Steve!

Spinaker, You will have all the Antique Collectors in MPS Casing Your Place! Neat, I have a Few Pieces but Nothing Like Yours! The one item I do have is a Cast Iron Tea Kettle! I will Post a Pic in a While! BTW, PM Me your Mailing Address I have Something I Want to Send You!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dan! Check your PMs

Cool. You may need to reinforce the table for the next shot.

Comment

• Notavegan
      Notavegan commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 Ron. I was wondering the structural integrity of that table. Now THATS alotta iron. My collection is all the way up to two pieces now.

• BBQ_Steve-O
      BBQ_Steve-O commented
      Editing a comment
      You may need to reinforce the floor while you're at it.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      It has gotten much worse. RonB BBQ_Steve-O

Holy cow, that is a lot of (well polished) iron!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Henrik! Lots of elbow grease!

Awesome collection, are all theses due to your recent stint with electrolysis or have you been collecting for awhile?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      All of these have been stripped and re seasoned by me. I'd say I've been collecting for about 9 months or so. I kinda run 🏃🏿 with things when I get into them!

I've got CI Envy!

Comment

And I thought I had a collection. I have 15 pieces

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        This is minus my Dutch ovens and a few other things!!

I thought I had a collection. Until I saw this. I have two skillets, an six-inch and an 10-inch, (one from my mother-in-law, and one from my grandmother), a cornbread dish and on Saturday I bought a camp-style dutch oven.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Great start! 👍 Post some pics of the ones you have.

• Obi-Dan
        Obi-Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I will try to get around to that this weekend.

Very nice. I hope your house was built on bedrock.

Comment

Well...one thing for sure...your wife has plenty of ammo when she gets mad at you 😂😂😂

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah, see I'm smarter than you guys. I'm a bachelor! 😂 Well, I do have the Hounds......

Looking mighty fine Spinaker . Very nice collection!!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Skip!!

So are we all invited over for breakfast? Assuming you have the cookers to make all that CI sing at once!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Anytime!!! You guys are always welcome. And if everyone BYCs (Bring your own cooker) we'd be just fine👌

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
        Very nice. I hope your house was built on bedrock.
        Hahahaha, here's what happened to my old kitchen when I piled all of the CI in one spot!!
        ​

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure wish those pic links worked. That'd be worth seein'

Spinaker, you have more, ~maybe~, than I do!

Yer a Sick Puppy, with what looks every inch like Terminal CI Fever, least from here!

Me too, Welcome to th' Club, Amigo!

I keep getting warned that I may have a problem.

I'll send some pics, but please, please, understand that I am not allowed to have ALL of my CI in any one location, or even within (Federally)-mandated geographical proximity, apparently due to causing some bullhonkery like they said in that there letter they sent...

"Creating Substantial, and/or Disturbing/Disruptive Magnetic Navigational Deviations/Anomalies, detrimental to the safe/proper navigation of Private/Commercial Aviation.)"

Blah, blah, etc....

What.Ev.Er.

I threw th' letter away, hit CL, ePay, etc. Felt better pretty quick!

Thanks for th' great pics, an' ideas for storage they provided, as well!!!!

Very, Very cool collection, My Good Sir!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 17, 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha, Thanks man!! I love this storage option. Nice and compact and it looks nice. But I would love to have it all on a wall some time too!!

• Sgt Tyree
          Sgt Tyree commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker : I hang mine with screw hooks from the rafters in the basement. Looks like and old meat market down there.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds awesome. Got any pics? Sgt Tyree

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here