Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Cast Iron Pieces !!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a while since I have posted on this thread. (Which is a shame) Here is a great cast iron pic I took while out in Utah this summer. Few coals under this old camping dutch and BOOM! campsite pulled pork.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7381E575-5D8C-403B-B50A-2C54B2E7C473.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1083960

Comment

• crazytown3
      crazytown3 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks really, really good. Utah huh? If I knew you were comin' I'd've baked a cake (or bought you a beer).

Nothing fancy here.
    Attached Files

Comment

My cast iron collection has now doubled! Haha.

Well, SWMBO has 2 enameled Dutch ovens for bread but they are not designed to be used over open flame per the manual.
      Attached Files

Comment

8" Field skillet in action: smoked beef chorizo cheese dip on the PK-O

Name:	IMG_20210925_145831.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1100630

Name:	IMG_20210925_160159.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1100629

Aftermath

Name:	IMG_20210925_185332.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	1100631

Comment

This is on the wall right by the stove. The Dutch ovens have to live out back, I have more than a few.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I love that set up.

Found this huge griddle at a local estate sale. The dimensions are 30.5" X 20.5". From some research, it seems to be from WWII and used to cook for US soldiers. Not sure what to do with it as it's too big for any of my cookers. I couldn't pass it up since I had never seen one before.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude! Those are awesome pieces. I do not have any US Army cast iron, but I would love to get my hands on some. Great find.

• FlashHokie
            FlashHokie commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish the one handle wasn't broken but it should clean up nicely.

I'm lucky I don't have a bigger kitchen. If I did things might get out of hand.

Name:	20211011_195228~2_resize_26.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	1108640

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            My first through was how far into the studs are the screws that hold up that nice rack?

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing. I hope they are long screws. :-)

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not into any studs. I installed toggle bolts and wing nuts through the lathe and plaster. Solid as a rock.

I posted this over on the SUWYC thread a while back, but it belongs in here. Just an old Lodge putting in the work in the pizza oven.

Name:	3A5F8FDE-2703-4F56-BA4F-8AD002B19466.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1108859

Comment

Just scored these today on Facebook marketplace. Griswold #3 and the other I believe is a Lodge. They were so cute I couldn’t resist! 😎
            Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes!!!!

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Did the griswold come with a lid? Mine does. And it’s dimpled on the inside.

Nice score, Pitmaster!

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              No lid. But I did score another Griswold #3 though. Matching set!

Name:	20221209_181054.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1341743 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221209_181112.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	1341744 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221210_135533.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1341747 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221210_135432.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1341746 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221210_185725.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	1341745 Found an old "WagWold" #14 at my grandparents farm. Cleaned up nice and can't wait for years of cooking in this beast.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              I use this size one for our focaccia style pizzas. BF favorite. I love mine. Takes two hands to lift it. And that’s without any food in it!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a piece of functional historical art! Keep using it. THIS is what makes cast iron so cool! Nice find dude!

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              That is such a beautiful color after you cleaned it up! Wow!!! And to have the history and family heirloom! Excellent!

Name:	8C3EEDE0-EE78-4674-AFD0-8DC666E68181.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	1388490 Click image for larger version

Name:	0E40F577-70FD-4FB0-94A7-1E6BC5680160.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	1388492 fzxdoc Thanks for the MCS! As soon as I saw yours, I have been lookin. Second owner thru “A”, fidy two n chg. Orig $79.99. This bad boy must be a shelf creekin #25!!!
            8qt : 13” square. Saves my pretty enameled one from the fire. Click image for larger version

Name:	C3D13500-2521-4EF3-8F01-43E1DE488EE6.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1388491

Comment

Alan Brice , glad you found one. It's so handy with the opening on the side for the probe wire. Did the lid come with yours?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Camp Chef Square DO with Lid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	304.2 KB ID:	1388709

I can hardly wait to do another chuckie cook with mine!

Kathryn

Comment

• Alan Brice
                Alan Brice commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, Nice piece. Thank you very kindly.

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                (Not searching for this product)

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice piece.

Ok... my current arsenal of CI.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20230310_222144.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.11 MB ID:	1389921

I hope it's easy to see which piece has been my 'go to' for a couple of decades. Hash and eggs. Bacon, tortillas, toast, steak, burgers, vegetables, cheeses, pizzas, chicken, sausage, refried beans...

it's got the sweetest functional patina. Seasoned, scrubbed, scraped, re seasoned, used, polished, and loved... rinse & repeat SO many times...

Am currently adapting to use on a glass top electric from almost exclusive natural gas cooking

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230310_222253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	1389922

It's not GLASS smoothe, but she is miles away from the gritty surface that a new Lodge is well known for.

That's my skillet... Click image for larger version  Name:	20230310_222438.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	1389923

I have plans for the bundt, and as it's not really in use again yet, she soon will be I hope. She has a very sandy surface, and from experience' I know she needs a few more coats of seasoning to let go around the lower & inside corner. She's stubborn there as a rule, and this is a new 'starting over' on the seasoning with a self cleaning oven cycle. So far, she is developing well.

Name:	20230310_222650.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1389924

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                Show off 🤣 jk

I’m anxious to see how the Bundt pan evolves!

Hey there, I searched a few pages deep and did not find much about WHICH one to get. I looked up KA and they want over $200. Too steep for my budget. Thoughts, fellow pizzaiolas? Grazie!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                What would be the best way to get this prettied up?

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                SheilaAnn Send it my way, I can get it prettied up.

OOPS! If you use your cast iron pan to make steam for baking bread, don’t forget to take it out of the oven! Baked all the seasoning right off the pan. 😬😱
              Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh no!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                It happens! Fear not, it will be back!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here