Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken roaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken roaster

I was shopping today at the Great Canadian super centre they have a house brand called PC and I saw this cast iron piece, it was $40.00. I have not seen anything like this before. I guess it is similar to a beer can chicken type cooker. I did not buy it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0858B0B6-FC8B-4884-8789-5882FF25975D.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1221028

Yep. Instead of using an actual beer can you just pour your liquid into the built in "beer can".

Comment

Probably a good choice to pass.
      I do commend you on resisting your MCS urge. 💪

Comment

I have something similar to that for heating chicken yakitori sauce. I like to grill the chicken for a bit then dip it in hot yakitori sauce then back to the grill.

Comment

Interesting with the cast iron. I think Meathead dispelled the myths surrounding beer can chicken. Doesn't really do much since the liquid never gets hot enough to boil. Vertical roasting is good though for other reasons since is allows the bird to cook more evenly.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ideas for that swirled in my head. I could see putting a sauce in the pan after the chicken is done. I would continue to cook over a flame, pulling or slicing the chicken from the carcass. I wouldn't necessarily buy it but if I had it I would use it.

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            tbob4 great idea as a serving platter with Alabama White Sauce inside the can

I have much better success with spatchcocked poultry. Going vertical you have to be very careful because the breast will "usually" get done faster than the thigh.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here