Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to cook in this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to cook in this?

Received this as a birthday gift today😀, any suggestions on what to cook first in it ???
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9E9D9766-425D-4100-B9E9-E66526E510F1.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1138426

Grilled cheese sandwiches. Great pan.

Comment

Striped pancakes 😀

Comment

Big thick piece of meat,,,,

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto

I gave mine away since it was a pain to clean and I have an outdoor kitchen.

Comment

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Lodge makes a special scraper for them. I have a Lodge griddle that's smooth on one side and ridged on the other. Wife bought the scraper but we haven't had the opportunity to try in out yet. Probably would work on the pan too.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Murdy I have that griddle as well. I use it often but I've never found a reason to cook on the ridged side.

• JohnPaul
          JohnPaul commented
          Editing a comment
          I did the same, not a fan of the ribbed bottom.

Oh geez. Any kind of sandwich. Veggies. Anything really. As said above, great pan.

Comment

Wrap a brick in foil to use as a weight, make panini's or a cuban sandwich.

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            THIS …. Or get a cast iron bacon press

Hot dogs! Brats! Kielbasa! Aforementioned grilled cheese! Stuffed jalapeños!

Comment

Gave mine away

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, not to me Thank you.

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              No I gave it to a college kid in my dojo that can't have a grill in his apartment. bbqLuv

the perfect grill marks on a steak...(runs and hides)

Comment

I ended up with one of these in a box of cast iron I traded for. I was pretty sure it was what Alton Brown called a unitasker. Sadly I never found one thing it was great at. I combined it with several better pieces and gave them to a niece at her wedding shower.

Comment

It is not something you use every day. It is a grill pan. Nice tool for once in awhile.

Comment

I use this one to roast whole chickens in. I like that it keeps it out of the drippings. Maybe a bird will fit in there.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pork chops!

Comment

BACON!

Comment

• grantgallagher
                        grantgallagher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        this is actually a great shout

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here