Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Conditioner vs. Crisbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Conditioner vs. Crisbee

Just curious if anyone has used the blackstone griddle seasoning and cast iron conditioner? According to the ingredients it seems very similar to crisbee but you get six ounces for $10 instead of three ounces for $14. Instinct is that there’s almost no difference because you can season CI with just about any oil but just wondering if anyone has given it a shot.

I’ve heard good things from people in a Blackstone Facebook group I’m in, but it’s still pretty expensive when compared to the cost of oil…which seasons CI or the Blackstone’s rolled steel just fine!

…bonus points for already having oil in your house!

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      All my established stuff just gets avocado oil. I do like the beeswax crisco combo for initial seasonings.

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      And plain oil lets certain spots of my blackstone rust in my typically humid climate which is lessened by the beeswax in my experience

Someone on here put me onto Grapeseed oil, and it works pretty badass thus far.

Comment

I use a crisbee puck or avocado oil. I stopped using flaxseed oil because it would become rancid.

Comment

I used vegetable oil and avocado oil intermittently to season my griddle the first time around. Did about three applications of each, and have had no issues ever since. Don't think I would pay for a special seasoning when cheaper oil works.

Comment

They all work well. I like Crisbees because it is made here, by a family. I would rather support them, then a huge company like Blackstone.

Crisbees is good stuff and good people. The beeswax helps to keep the iron sealed when being stored, if you use it enough that part of the mix is not really needed, but nice to have.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep the plastic around the puck so I can grab it and keep the oil off my hands. Just touch the bare puck to the surface of the iron and let a little bit of the puck melt. Then spread it around with the towel. The Crisbee stick work well too. Easy to apply. Attjack

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, that makes sense. I tossed my plastic though upon opening it.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            @ Attjack Just rewrap it in some cellophane.

I've used the Blackstone stuff for about a year. When I strip it down and re season, I can get the griddle so slick that a coating of oil will bead up. I haven't used the Crisbee, so no comparison there.
          I like the Blackstone stuff better than the other oils I've used (whatever is in the cupboard).

Comment

I used the Blackstone stuff this weekend. It worked great. As above, oil beads up on my flattop.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here