Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lodge Cast Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    I have an old Griswold frying pan. Perfect for two eggs at a time, or GREAT for grilled cheese!

• cgrover60
    replied
    Check out the Dutch Oven accessories at CampMaid.com. I used the "smoker" setup (inverted dutch oven over the grill) last trip for some chicken with spectacular results.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by CandySueQ View Post
    Love the Lodge outlet store!!! Went by there years ago and picked up some slightly blemished things. My favorite is a deep dish with a frying pan lid. Griswald (???) is a good brand too. Very old, not around any longer. I have my Granny's corn stick pan which is a Griswald. Always check out cast iron at garage sales!
    The outlet is a great place. Such great deals.
    Yeah Griswold went out in the 1960's. Lodge is the only old one still making them in America. Kinda sad.

Last edited by Spinaker; May 14, 2017, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Great snag Spinaker ... You can't have to much cast iron.👍

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Love the Lodge outlet store!!! Went by there years ago and picked up some slightly blemished things. My favorite is a deep dish with a frying pan lid. Griswald (???) is a good brand too. Very old, not around any longer. I have my Granny's corn stick pan which is a Griswald. Always check out cast iron at garage sales!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I scored a few gems today at the outlet barn. I picked these two lodge muffin pans and the serving dish for $20. The muffin pans are $40 a piece from the factory. And the serving dish is about $20. I got a great deal. Just gotta do a good scrub on these and re-season them. And they will be like brand new!! I am not sure why they got dumped down to the outlet, maybe they just sat on the shelf too long. I cant see anything wrong with them. other than some same surface rust. I am thinking I can use the muffin pans for chicken and for doing my corn bread on the smoker.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0417.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	171664

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    I just bought a 15 yesterday because I needed to saute some onions for BBQ beans at an offsite cook, so I put her right in the new big charcoal grill over the coals, and before long, voila! I had a hot skillet.

• Ernest
    replied
    Are those Finex skillets bare cast iron? If I'm going to drop that much money then I'd rather get Le Creuset.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    Medusa I have the 17 inch, use it as a griddle on my kettle grill.

• Cheef
    replied
    DSiewert Those look like some nice gear.
    I'm thinking you will really like them.

Leave a comment:

• DSiewert
    commented on 's reply
    A couple years ago I bought a high end lodge dutch oven and was surprised that the bottom was a rough surface. Rough enough to pull threads out a 3M green scrubbing pads. Over time it has gotten much smoother with use. But it real!y made me appreciate the machined pan bottoms of the finex products.

• Cheef
    replied
    I love Cast Iron cooking--especially the fry pans.
    Don't forget to check the local flea markets/garage sales/second hand shops for the old cast iron. Griswald and Wagner made some really nice pans back in the day.
    The old time makers went an extra step in manufacturing and ground the fry pans surfaces smooth.
    Old cast iron is as non stick as any modern material because of the ground surface.
    A lot of times they are bargain basement priced and well worth the cost.

Leave a comment:

• DSiewert
    commented on 's reply
    To scale a recipe sized for a 12 inch pan to a 10 inch pan, multiply your quantities by 2/3rds. That's based on the surface area of the two pots. Should get you pretty close.

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Nice looking stuff for sure. Pricey, it is that.

Leave a comment:

• gardenfish
    commented on 's reply
    For me when I factor the shipping in with KaTom the price is so close to Amazon. That is why I chose Amazon, plus I used the link from here and AR's gets their pennies.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here