Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know why Spinaker isn't married.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know why Spinaker isn't married.

I have two Smithey pans I use daily, a No. 12 pan and its matching lid/griddle. The other day I prepare to cook an egg on the griddle and the seasoning is gone. I cook the egg and it sticks. So I calmly ask my wife, "Did you cook something on this?" She says she cooked some chicken on it. Nothing like re-seasoning a CI pan with triple digit temps outside.

Oh you better hope Betty Rubble doesn’t find this thread……

Comment

Watching......

Comment

I don’t use cast iron a lot, but my wife won’t use what I do have cause it’s too heavy. When the seasoning is hosed I have to blame the idiot she married.

Comment

I can only say 😂😂😂😂😂

Oh and that’s why he’s a happy man and still sane.
          I think. 😁

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Another reason Spinaker isn't married, wives think AR is an insane waste of time.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            You got that right ComfortablyNumb Mine calls it nonsense.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no sane relatives.

My wife hates CI, so she doesn't use it... which is great because she's OCD with cleaning, mine would all be bare metal

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a son in law who ruined his great grandmother's cast iron by steel wooling it to death and THEN running it through the dishwasher. My daughter brought me two old 10" skillets. One I was able to restore and re-season. The other is a ruined mess.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            You guys DON'T polish your CI?

Hahaha, for sure one of the top 5 reasons!

Comment

Mrs. H uses the square Lodge for her corn bread. I have no problem re seasoning after because cast iron leaves a serous dent in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
              I have two Smithey pans I use daily, a No. 12 pan and its matching lid/griddle. The other day I prepare to cook an egg on the griddle and the seasoning is gone. I cook the egg and it sticks. So I calmly ask my wife, "Did you cook something on this?" She says she cooked some chicken on it. Nothing like re-seasoning a CI pan with triple digit temps outside.
              So.... did she like wash it in hot soapy water and then hit it with some steel wool to add insult to injury? Even my wife knows enough about my Lodge cast iron to know that I don't use soap on it, and I have a special brush and scraper to use on them...

Comment

Thankfully my wife does not cook, so these are of minimal happenings in our house. However, I’d have to remember to go back and thank my wife for that meal she made me. If I’m going to remember who didn’t put them away, I suppose I can balance my anger a bit by being grateful for the meal it served. Then a nudge of hey, so… thank you, next time, and I hope there is, as that was good, could you let me know when your done so I can take care of it, so it continues to take care of us… the subtle sale.. 😂

Comment

So YOU'RE the guy that shares the kitchen with your wife...

Comment

• Stuey1515
                    Stuey1515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL!!!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here