Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Guys Made Me Do It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Guys Made Me Do It

The griddle and flat top posts the past few weeks made me decide to find an actual griddle for my wife's small two burner gasser. Success! Found this one and of course a couple of Amazon suggested goodies to go with it. Fairly heavy stainless, built in grease tray and while it's not really remarkable it fit like a glove. Smash burgers this weekend and if it doesn't perform well at least it looks good.

Attached Files

Looks are important, if it dies not work, fix it

Comment

You’re gonna love griddle cooking. It’s like being a short order chef in an open diner.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s like being a short order chef in an open diner.
        ^^Which is, of course, Always a Dee-Lightful Experience, IMCE, Brother, LOL!!!!!

At Home, though, it's Soooo Gooood!!!

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you Steve B. Been a griddle guy all the way way back to boy scouts.

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like that, but without the 15 waiting tickets and people screaming at you constantly...

Season it with BACON!

Comment

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point HawkerXP. Have 7 slices left from my home made batch I might just have to "sacrifice".

Nice setup; I think yer gonna Love havin th griddle, Amigo!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 6, 2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

That's a good looking setup. I have a griddle for my camp stove and subsequently the ONLY time I cook on it is when we're camping. I always say I should pull it out and try some backyard griddling but I just never do. Let us know how you like this set up.

Comment

Which one did you end up getting from Amazon? I’ve seen several similar to this but the main complaint is it’s too far from the burners. How is it working out for you? I’d like to do more griddle grilling.

Comment

• cgrover60
            cgrover60 commented
            Editing a comment
            Was the Skyflame Universal Stainless Steel Griddle Flat Top on Amazon.

Playing the blame game 😊
          Hoping it's lived up to expectations.

Comment

So how's that setup working out for you, cgrover60 ? Looks pretty sweet, like the griddle and gasser were made for each other.

Kathryn

Comment

• cgrover60
              cgrover60 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know, right? I was surprised how well it fit and of course how good it looks.. lol

Just a quick follow up. First cook a nice success, Fairly even heat distribution as measured with IR thermo gun with about a five degree variation across the entire surface. Cooked four ground ribeye smash burgers which not surprisingly did nearly overflow the grease tray. All in all should be great for small cooks going forward.

Comment

I really like the look of that setup.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here