Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing GrillGrates When Not In Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    I love it !

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    zzdocxx the first time I torched our sidewalk to the driveway my wife said 'you are crazy, the neighbors think you're crazy, but that is badass'.

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    The famous flame thrower !

Love this sous-vide everything guy.

https://youtu.be/FJLS3P1OLxA

I have a torch I use, it has a special $3 nozzle I put on a bernzomatic 8000.

Works OK but the flame thrower, that would be fun !

• synodog
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm...going to give this a try.

• JGo37
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kenrobin
    replied
    Another vote for washing & scrubbing with Dawn.

Leave a comment:

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea, I could put my grill brushes etc in there too.

• zzdocxx
    replied
    Next you guys will be telling me you jaywalk !

Last edited by zzdocxx; August 17, 2020, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    Just used dawn and scrubbed mine. I go against doctors’ orders too sometimes. 🙃

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    My thoughts exactly. I love the concept and the performance, but hated trying to clean then. I solved that problem when got rid of the Grill Grates and the gas grill I bought them for.

• Chuck in Charlotte
    replied
    I use mine about 1 in 5 cooks on a kamado. Store them in the garage and don't want to attract any critters so I feel the need to clean them up a bit. Good old SOS pads take off the grease and seem to leave the seasoning, I still have to scrape off the charred bits.

I don't even follow all my doctor's recommendations, so I don't feel too bad about not following the Grillgrates recommendations either.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    I have a large plastic tub with cover I got at Walmart. It serves 2 purposes. I store the somewhat dirty GGs in it. When I want to thoroughly clean the GGs, I use the tub with Simple Green, soak them for a couple of hours, then scrub off the grates with a scrubber sponge.

Not sure of the specific one I have, but it is similar to this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...-Unit/49533207

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    That's why I rehomed mine, they work great.. but not great enough to be something that lives on and off the grill. If I had a grill they had full size custom fit for, they'd live on that grill forever no problem though.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    zzdocxx Ah! Got it...and I could see that being an issue. My father has a Traeger, and I’m pretty certain it wouldn’t hit the temps needed to burn stuff off.

Have you tried a pressure washer? I use one periodically if I’ve got excess gunk.

As for me...my go to charcoal is the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center (what a pretentious moniker) and for gas it’s a Weber Summit Platinum D6. (They excel at absurdly long names. LOL) I also have a Dyna-Glo but that lives at a friends house.

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    I have been tempted to do that also, it's just that on their website I think they said to only do that once every six months or so.

But maybe their way is not practical for some of us . . .

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis