Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing GrillGrates When Not In Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgreen
    replied
    For the set I use on my pellet grill, I usually take inside and wash before storing. After a number of cooks thy seem fairly well seasoned. I have not found they need a lot of oil, but if they do, I brush some on before cooking.

Leave a comment:

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the critters, including flies which seem to be interested in them.

What type of cooker are you using ?

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    Dog, the reason I got them is that the Traeger smoker grills, they don't get super hot. I would love to do as you suggest but as you see there is a dilemma.

What type of cooker are you using ?
    Last edited by zzdocxx; August 16, 2020, 07:42 PM.

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    I just turn up the temp at the end of my cook to burn off any grease. Once they cool down I store them in a bucket in the garage that I lug to and from the grill. I don't leave them on my grill as I live in a wooded area and too many critters like to eat what is left on them and then leave droppings letting me know that they were there.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    Can you just get them super hot and burn off the oil/grease and then simply store them dry?

Leave a comment:

• zzdocxx
    started a topic Storing GrillGrates When Not In Use

Storing GrillGrates When Not In Use

How/Where To Store GrillGrates When Not In Use

I'm following the manufacturer's recommendation to just brush/scrape them and not wash them.

Trouble is, they stay a bit greasy/oily. I sprayed a little avocado oil on them when I cooked fish the other day.

After brushing and a little wiping, I have been putting them in a paper Trader Joe's bag. I put that bag in another TJs bag today since the first one was getting a bit oily itself.

I'm not using them for every cook, so I don't want them on my grill all the time. Also want them off when I am cleaning the regular grates, vacuuming out ash, etc.

Any suggestions about keeping GrillGrates so they won't be so messy ?

Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here