Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duh. Cleaning grill grates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duh. Cleaning grill grates.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AB27B366-C525-468B-967F-5A3824C4D178.jpeg
Views:	475
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	850960Click image for larger version  Name:	8C8617CE-4ECA-425F-9401-D05E315D42D5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	850959

Click image for larger version  Name:	5680465B-38C9-48DF-AC29-CCA31378A38E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	850957

Click image for larger version  Name:	276FD880-7BAE-4942-9462-089A3C998CC3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	850958

Attjack and other Primo owners.

Why didn’t I think of this before? This tub is my new acquisition. The grill grates are on the bottom and extended cooking Racks are on the top. So there’s four total. The 17 inch sides are perfectly snug, maybe a half inch too small but they fit in their perfect with a little push. So one slightly larger across would be preferable but I guess that depends on your storage space. This one is perfect.

I was soaking it in 2/3 sheet pans before, upside down and doing it one at a time with a blue non-scratch scrubby on these porcelain primo grates. This is far easier to just toss them all in there. This has my leftover chicken wing residue but to throw hot ones or warm ones anytime in hot soapy water will certainly be a lot easier. I’m just gonna clean these outside and hose them down rather than make a mess in the kitchen with a shallow sheet pan and limited space.

Am I the last one to be working this hard cleaning grates until now?

Click image for larger version  Name:	B4CD97BF-21BF-434C-9950-8039BB0C8D94.png Views:	0 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	850956
    Last edited by HouseHomey; May 24, 2020, 10:24 AM.

Yes!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeeze man.

That's the way to do it.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Tag your "it."

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, I ordered one

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha!

I use a plastic cat litter box that was never used for it's designed purpose.

Comment

I bought a tall-sided clear storage tub. I can even get my heat diffuser from the GMG in it. Hardest thing is getting sufficient hot water in it. I need an outside hot water tap.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        JCGrill Pick up an adapter at yer local hardware; goes from aerator/faucet threads, to standard garden hose...
        Unless ya got a weird / fancy faucet, should be able to find one that will work... I've used em fer years, with great success...
        2nd Place choice is fill up 5 gal buckets from yer tub faucet, tote em outdoors, works, jus more work...

Other thoughts? adjustable immersion heater? Sous Vide thingy?

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones need one of those immersion heaters that goes in a trash can and runs on gasoline. I know you know what I'm talking about.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, Brother...
        I know the zack same ones...used em thousands of times, in my travels...

Great idea HouseHomey ! Doesn't it make you mad when you figure out a much simpler resolution to a problem you fought for a long time? Thanks for posting.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have helped the wayward straggler out there.

Once I get this thing filled it’ll be a breeze here too
      Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I freeking dying!!!’hilarious. Don’t invite smokenoob he’ll just Fill it with fish.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m workin in her tough nut to crack though

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ring around the ............................

I have been using my 40+ year old galvanized wash tub.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course you have. Don’t worry they only made one of me.

Put all of them (from all my cookers) in lawn bags, and take to the car wash. Spray out out or off with degreasee, and then thoroughly rinse with high pressure water. Into a clean trash bag and back home. I use my home pressure washer when not doing a trailer or the whole fleet of home cookers.

Comment

Wait. You mean your supposed to clean your cooking grates? WOW. Who woulda thunk. 🤔 I guess I’m still under that place Where I live. 🤦🏼

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m with Steve.
          Then again, I got a lot of grates to check. Mebbee later.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones absolutely LMFAO!!!!
          true dat. Spinaker and HouseHomey are quite the large fellas as is I.
          I’m sure the likes of us would love to keep you all warm and snuggly. 👍😁

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Like Peas an Carrots lol!

ah, great minds think alike
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought my gas grill turned up on high was for cleaning my grates???..😬😬

Comment

Propane weed burner does a fine job on all my grills. Just be careful to not heat porcelain coated grills too hot.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              I need one.

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought you burned enough weed ‘s HouseHomey 😁

Ok, so the answer is an affirmative yes. I’m a dope. I told ya’ll that I’m not a tinker-er so those thing come to me later.

it was my laziness that motivated me. Give me a piece of meat or a sauce and I can fix it. Apparently not grill grates.

well they got ribs on them now and they cleaned up Licketty split. We’ll see how the Carne asada does a little later.

Comment

I keep telling myself I need to get a grill cleaning tote but so far ain't dunnit. One day it might happen...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here