Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Someone Got It - Killa Grilla Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Someone Got It - Killa Grilla Grates

I think all of us have struggled with the cheapo chromed or annealed, thin 1/8" grill grates. After so much abuse by heat, chemicals and endless scrubbing the coating just wears off and you're left with rusted carbon steel. Here's one of the older grates from my 18" WSM that was cleaned, put back in the cooker and proceeded to rust away....

Click image for larger version

Name:	bad 01.jpg
Views:	2523
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	832489Click image for larger version

Name:	bad02.jpg
Views:	2416
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	832486

Not only are they difficult to keep from rusting, but the smaller 1/8" wire used is simply harder to clean regardless. I did purchase the SS spin grates from Dave's SNS site for my kettles and like them well enough, but again not happy with the gauge. Been hoping to find equivalents that are like my Weber Summit grates, 1/4" stainless rod.

Well after scouring the interweb, I finally ran across this website by an outfit called Killa Grilla.....

Learn about KILLAGRILLA.COM from this free business profile provided by Network Solutions

...and found exactly what I wanted, a heavy duty 1/4" stainless rod grill grate. They only make certain sizes and seem to cater mostly to Weber products is the only downside. I ordered a new replacement for the one above, man what a difference. Finally someone gets it !!! I highly endorse these grates, some of the best out there, give them a look see for yourself !!!

Name:	gg 01.jpg
Views:	2490
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	832487

Name:	good 01.jpg
Views:	2412
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	832488Click image for larger version

Name:	good 02.jpg
Views:	2500
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	832485

Yup, have several, an wholeheartedly agree/endorse...
    They make 'Th Good Stuff!'

I have a few kettles, an have purty much tried em all...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 16, 2020, 03:11 PM. Reason: Ficksed a tipoe :-)

Comment

Did a quick peak on their website. It looks like the hinged versions are equivalent to the SS SnS opening size? Is that correct? Troutman Mr. Bones

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I cannot speak to that; I purchased mine with std. Weber type double cutaways...apparently previous to their newer options, which I perused, today.
        Sorry to not have an answer fer ya...

Thanks for posting Troutman . I put their site in my favorites for the future when my grates are shot. My Memphis Pellet Grill has 1/4" SS Grates and they are definitely made to last!

Comment

I swapped out the grates in my WSJ a while back. These things will last forever.

Comment

Just might have to put my Gov check to work on that!!!!
          Thanks for the post!

Comment

Bought some a year ago—304 s is definitely the way to go

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Yuppers.

Excellent Troutman , good lead for replacement parts. Somewhat related to our discussion of quality materials and fabrication from the other day.

Comment

Oh why did I-procrastinate........coulda had new grates tonight but nooooooo, I’m grillin on these trusty rusty old ones
              Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                still flavour a plenty left in them, Brother!

yes, they did good as usual, rich in iron though

Comment

My Weber bling came in!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Polarbear777
                  Polarbear777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like how the fish are trying to escape :-)

• smokenoob
                  smokenoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Polarbear777 yes, they do get between the grates.

Yep and I like how they have the standard two sided flip up as well as the larger one sided for the SNS.
                These guys will never wear out. Here in the humidity of the mountains with the amount of cooking and smoking I do a Weber grate would last me 2 maybe 3 years. I bought one of these last year and expect it to last a life time.

Also the flip up doors will not fall off like the SNS ones do.
                Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 17, 2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I bought these too a while back. Love how easy to clean they are. 1000 x better than the cheap original.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here