Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Spin grate for Weber 26 incher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Spin grate for Weber 26 incher?

Has anyone bought one yet? I notice that unlike the 22 inch grate the hinged portion on the 26 inch grate is not removable. That’s a bummer because it’s a feature I find appealing. It also costs $30 more than the 22 inch grate. I was thinking about getting one but now I’m not so sure.

I am thinking that due to the complaints on the 22" hinged portion falling off, they decided to clamp it down from the factory, as the extra weight on the 26" grate would likely make the issue worse. I imagine you could spread it with a flat blade screw driver enough to open up the loops and make it removable.

Seems there needs to be a happy medium where the loops on the easy spin grates are just tight enough to where it comes off if you give it a push, but not so loose that it slips off the grate without extra applied pressure.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
      ColonialDawg commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know - I didn’t know there were issues with hinged portion on 22 inch grate.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      ColonialDawg there are no issues with the grate. It's designed to be removable. I've just read that some people don't realize that, and are surprised when they flip it and have it come loose on them. I think if you know its an open U on the two hinges, you will be sure to not let that happen. Personally I like the fact it is removable.

• ColonialDawg
      ColonialDawg commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I see. I would prefer a removable section personally. The spinning part isn’t a necessity. I get good crust on my meats whether I spin or don’t spin using the factory grate.

I'm on the fence not because I don't want one but only as a strategic expenditure V others. I have it in my cart along with the grill grate.

Comment

I went to purchase one this morning, but was hoping it was on amazon like the SNS, and I couldn't find it there. Thru work we get "spotlight" awards which we can redeem for gift cards to lots of places including amazon - but unfortunately not abcbarbecue, and we can't redeem them for "straight cash (house) homey". I just shelled out for a SnS for my parents 22" weber and a few other things they'll need, and was hoping to pick up the 26" easy spin grate with my award money. Hoping I can figure out a way to finagle this soon without suffering the wrath of SWMBO, removable or not I think its going to make my life easier.

Comment

David Parrish
        Last edited by DWCowles; April 16, 2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I bought one on pre-order. The pre-order units shipped with the loops open and the grate removable. Due to the larger size and weight, it was reported the hinged section would fall off when using the cold grate technique. They have since closed the loops so it is no longer removable. I haven’t taken a pliers and clamped mine down like they recommended. Personally, I value the removeable grate much more than the spinning capability. While the free spinning of the easy spin grate is nice, lifting the factory grate an eight of an inch while spinning it isn’t exactly hard. Trying to stuff more charcoal through the opening on the factory grate, that’s another story. I’m very happy with mine. It has made life much easier on the couple kettle cooks I have done since I got it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here