Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half moon cast iron griddles for BGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half moon cast iron griddles for BGE

I didn’t forget I had these, but, yeah, I guess I did. I have to refinish them now. They’re probably great for steaks and burgers. I took a half-hearted pass at the more corroded one with a wire brush, but it’s not like I plan on using them in the next week; I’ll wait for the weather to warm up some, attach the wire wheel to the drill, and take them down to basics, then re-season them. They’re a nice item I think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	79D06C64-48D9-4663-A71F-6B225CC8B860.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1194425

Yep, those are really handy. Let us see those once you get them restored!

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      This is mostly okay. I think a go with a wire wheel, some steel wool, and some vinegar will do the trick. I’m not hooking up any electricity to it!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca - hahahahaha. I didn’t think yours was that bad. Come on though, don’t be scared of electricity in water. The results are shocking.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I have a #12 Dutch oven that I need to restore. Now that it is above freezing at night......for the most part in MN, I can get the bath going. tbob4

I got them back when I first got the BGE, maybe 10 years ago or so. You can see where I did some burgers or something. I’m sure I had them too hot and burned off some of the seasoning, then put them off to the side and moved on. Probably to GrillGrates. When you use the cast iron half moons in the BGE, they sit lower in the bowl, and can be really close to the lump. Now, with a few years of experience, I’d probably go with a partial load of KBB to keep the surface around 500.

Comment

Now BGE markets them as plancha's. My first thought is fajitas. . . Onions, peppers and flank steak Dang that sounds good 🤠

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be xlnt! In fact, I’m breaking down a couple tenderloins, and thinking about what to do with everything that isn’t going to be filets and chateaubriands, that is a great idea!

(If you want outstanding beef at less than supermarket prices, check https://shop.creekstonefarms.com/collections/specials for whole cuts. Right now they have strip loins and tenderloins, a month or so ago it was whole rib primals.)

Thank you for the suggestion!! I'm about through my cow and been looking for a way to be a little more selective about the cuts I'm getting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here