Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love my GrillGrates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my GrillGrates

Just transferred my 6-year-old GrillGrates to my new Weber Spirit 330. These things are awesome!

Ok, they are awesome but I'm not. I never once cleaned my old Weber Spirit 200ish model (6 year old version of the current 210 with the cabinet base.) I put the GrillGrates before the first grill. All I ever did for cleaning was preheat for 20 minutes on full power and scrap off the GrillGrates.

AND LOOK AT THEM!!! Still ready to cook!!

I'm vowing to do better maintaining my new Weber Spirit 330. I was very surprised and disappointed when a wheel fell off my old Weber while moving it and I realized the frame of the stand was badly rusted. I fear a good wind gust could collapse the frame!!! Not Weber's fault.

Anyway - GrillGrates are the bomb. If you are thinking about them, pull the trigger. Buy them. Now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dalmore; April 25, 2021, 02:33 PM.

They are awesome. Agreed.
    Happy grilling to you and long live BBQ

Comment

I have enough grill grates to fully replace the standard grates in my Hasty-Bake. Usually I only replace half of them so that I get an indirect side with normal grates and a direct side with grill grates. But sometimes, especially when I want a griddle effect, I use all grill grates across the whole thing. In griddle mode it looks like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	B30072FA-C1E2-4897-B8C7-2106BCF51E43.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1022692

Name:	C53F9317-A4FB-4897-BAF6-28F3AFD464C6.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	1022693

Comment

Name:	Grate 2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1022735 Yeah, I really like the grates on my Napoleon. I will clean them from time to time, but they seem to be very low maintenance, and using them results in great cooks. Next best thing to IR, I suppose.
        Last edited by Rocinante; April 25, 2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Grill Grates rock, for sure. I'm glad I replaced my original "standard issue" ones with custom GGs that exactly fit my grill.

Kathryn

Comment

Dalmore yes - I fully agree. I've gone with Grillgrates on all my gas grills, and love them! Makes using a gas grill much more pleasurable, with the reduced flareups and burned food issues.

Looks like you could use a gap filler panel to fill in that grate you moved to the Spirit 300. The Spirit 300 set that GrillGrate.com sells has 4 regular panels + one gap panel (22.5" wide). The set for the Spirit 200 just has the 4 regular panels (20" wide).

Comment

• Dalmore
              Dalmore commented
              Editing a comment
              I've looked on grillgrate.com but haven't yet found a way to buy just a gap panel. :-(

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Dalmore I think if you call them directly, you could probably buy just the gap panel

Best thing for the Weber spirit. Muy bueno

Comment

Maybe they just really shine on gassers...but i bought them for my kettle and pretty much never use them now after the initial honeymoon period. Theyve been relegated to storage where i pull one out to use as a sear platform over a chimney post sous vide.

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Where I find they shine on the kettle is smash burgers using the flat side, or chicken on the rail side. My main use on the kettle is to direct grill chicken, allowing me to use the entire grill without worrying about flareups or burned chicken. Buffalo wings grilled on the Grillgrates on the kettle are great. You get some char from where the wings contact the rail, and the painted on buffalo sauce vaporizes in the valley areas, and I think adds flavor to the final results.

• grantgallagher
                grantgallagher commented
                Editing a comment
                Burgers were what i mostly used them for before i was corrupted by this site and bought a flat top, lol. Wings i use the vortex but i do like the idea of trying them on the grill grates

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                grantgallagher - I have them for my kettle. I like them, especially the flat side. If you lived closer, I'd offer to buy them from you.

I like them on my old Weber Spirit that just got transported to my cabin in California. I'm looking forward to grilling on those GrillGrates down there this summer. When I bought my blaze I was surprised to find that the grill grates also fit that grill. I tried them a few times on the Blaze but decided the Blaze gets so hot that I don't really need the GrillGrates and that they are better paired with the Weber Spirit.

Comment

Dalmore to buy single panels, including the gap panel, go to this page (under More->Single Add On Panels on the menu):

The gap panel is at the bottom of the page, and when you click on it, you get a pop up window where you choose the size. Looks like you need a 17.375" deep gap panel to complete the set on your Spirit II 300 series grill.

Comment

• Dalmore
                  Dalmore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I called yesterday and got all hooked up with a gap panel. 'Preciate you taking the time to find and share the link!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here